Official P&b Cycling Thread

I got a workstand of the missus (well....off myself if I'm being honest ;) ).

I intend to find my way round the bike by stripping an old one down and rebuilding it early in the New Year. I'm determined to do more maintenance myself, and, to this end, I'm going to invest in a decent tool set too. I also ordered some nice new shoes :)

I like the sound of doing maintenance on the bike, I have to admit I am fucking useless and even had to find an instructional video on YouTube on how best to change a tyre when I got my first puncture since being back on the bike.:(

TBH I am in bike shops so often that I don't mind paying them to fix things - they soon get used to you and stop ripping you off.

[/b]Get in there!

Easier said than done.........at my age...:(

I got a workstand of the missus (well....off myself if I'm being honest ;) ).

I like the sound of doing maintenance on the bike, I have to admit I am fucking useless and even had to find an instructional video on YouTube on how best to change a tyre when I got my first puncture since being back on the bike.:(

TBH I am in bike shops so often that I don't mind paying them to fix things - they soon get used to you and stop ripping you off.

An apprenticeship in the motor trade (and various related activities since) dictate that I would really only take the bike to a LBS if it was under warranty or had been recalled.

I understand that this is not for everyone but it adds to the enjoyment in some crazy mixed upway....:P

I made a workstand for the bikes some time ago which clamps on to the seat tube so that it wont damage the frame, it's a bit rough but does the trick..Kinda like me..;)

The closest I have come to tinkering with my bike recently was to fit my new bottle cage to my hybrid and even that took me 30 minutes by the time I found an allan key the right size.:angry:

:lol:

So you'll not be the designated mechanic on Team P&B rides then? :P

Just completed my first hour on the turbo trainer. Bloody hell! That's hard going. As the rolling resistance is always there, you get no respite as you might on a descent on the roads.

It felt like a right good workout, though was a bit tedious all the same. Still, it's a good option when the weather is too poor to venture out.

Determined to go out the day,as find exercise bike boring as hell.

Only did around 23 miles but got soaked and frozen...well worth it though :lol:

Spent the afternoon watching a cyclo cross event in Callendar Park in Falkirk.

Was brilliant and conditions were pretty bad, but good event.

However,nothing would convince me to take it up as it looked bloody tough.

Edited by Unleash The Nade

I blame them for my fatness !!!!

:angry:

i blame your fat hands for always grabbing grub :)

back on topic need to get out on the bike again soon been 3/4 weeks since i've been out now getting rusty. hoping for a couple of dry days though as blowing of gale and pissing rain is a no no.

i blame your fat hands for always grabbing grub :)

back on topic need to get out on the bike again soon been 3/4 weeks since i've been out now getting rusty. hoping for a couple of dry days though as blowing of gale and pissing rain is a no no.

It is forecast to be dry tomorrow, but still a bit of a wind (17mph).

Just returned from a mixed ride around the outskirts of Inverness.

http://bit.ly/zCDbLP

Bit of a mixed ride. Plenty of climbs which damn near killed me, some long sweeping stretches of road to get the speed up and some cracking descents through the woods. Just over 16 miles. Would have gone on for longer but the weather was abysmal so I ended up curtailing my ride before a possible venture further into the hills.

Just returned from a mixed ride around the outskirts of Inverness.

http://bit.ly/zCDbLP

Bit of a mixed ride. Plenty of climbs which damn near killed me, some long sweeping stretches of road to get the speed up and some cracking descents through the woods. Just over 16 miles. Would have gone on for longer but the weather was abysmal so I ended up curtailing my ride before a possible venture further into the hills.

Fair play getting out on a day like this. Do you road bike too?

Nah it's mainly mountain biking that I tend to do. Hoping to get down to see some friends in Dumfries and attack some of the 7 Stanes sites.

I quite fancy getting a road bike at some point but finances are holding that one. Might have a wee look in the sales though.

Was hoping to use the bike to get to work this morning, but my shocking ability to sleep through an alarm put paid to that.

It was a reasonable day, too. A bit of wind, but because my commute is mostly flat I don't mind it.

Despite various heavy hints, I got no cycling related presents.

However,have just ordered a new club Spring/Autumn jersey with some money I got !

Its a bit retro and not everyone's cup of tea, but thats the reason we have it !:D

5669779031_dec0083122_o.jpg

Is that all the material for your top being delivered laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif