Jump to content
Hank Scorpio

Official P&b Cycling Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Kuro said:

I've got street cred to think of

Most cyclists I know wear them.  Not a street cred issue. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racing in the Glentress Seven tomorrow, cant decide If i'm looking forward to it or not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

Racing in the Glentress Seven tomorrow, cant decide If i'm looking forward to it or not!

Solo or in a team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Solo or in a team?

Doing it as a pair. No way I have the legs to do it solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

63 miles @16.5mph today before the shite weather comes in. Starting to feel I'm on the right track fitness wise for the Bealach Mor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the Cairn o'Mount challenge today. 82 miles of brutal climbing, seethe inducing headwinds and only about 10 miles of enjoyable downhill. 7000+ feet of ascent was quite testing as well, as was the route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
^^^
Thuggery apologist / AKA cyclist.   

Less of the fat shaming and mocking genetically inherited illnesses, please.   

"Back on track" not my words P & B but the words of Grahame Obree when he crashed out the velodrome.    


Fat c**t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:09, jupe1407 said:

Did the Cairn o'Mount challenge today. 82 miles of brutal climbing, seethe inducing headwinds and only about 10 miles of enjoyable downhill. 7000+ feet of ascent was quite testing as well, as was the route.

My car struggles up Cairn o'Mount so I can't even imagine cycling up it!! Great effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

My car struggles up Cairn o'Mount so I can't even imagine cycling up it!! Great effort.

Cheers. It's just a long grind (seems a lot longer than 2 miles). The worst bit is definitely the steep ramp which cuts hard left before the viewpoint car park. I think it's about 18%. The worst climb of the day though was the road up to the Caterthuns a few miles before the end. I'd mapped the route on Strava at about 6400 feet total ascent. I got to the bottom of the climb with the Wahoo showing I'd done 6150 feet. "200 feet? Piece of piss". A mile of 10-11% later and I was fucked. Also pretty seething to discover the route was actually 7000 or so :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

113 miles through Perthshire today as part of my mate's ironman triathlon training.  My legs feel surprising ok at the moment... that may change tomorrow.

Edited by Gnash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having done the Forfar and Montrose triathlon over the last couple of years, signed up for the Muthill Sportive along with my pal, with no idea or concept as to how far 18 miles was. Turns, out, not very, and our leisurely pace saw us finish first and second against a bunch of kids and middle aged folk by about 8 minutes like a couple of p***ks. :lol:

34 or 70 next year seems a more suitable distance. Any suggestions for routes through Lanarkshire hugely appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Having done the Forfar and Montrose triathlon over the last couple of years, signed up for the Muthill Sportive along with my pal, with no idea or concept as to how far 18 miles was. Turns, out, not very, and our leisurely pace saw us finish first and second against a bunch of kids and middle aged folk by about 8 minutes like a couple of p***ks. :lol:

34 or 70 next year seems a more suitable distance. Any suggestions for routes through Lanarkshire hugely appreciated. 

I recently took a splendid run with the Glasgow ctc group. Starting at Carluke we wound our way through lots of wee places to West Calder. Lunch at the wee zoo there, then returned via Fauldhouse and Shotts. Up high and windy but well worth the effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I recently took a splendid run with the Glasgow ctc group. Starting at Carluke we wound our way through lots of wee places to West Calder. Lunch at the wee zoo there, then returned via Fauldhouse and Shotts. Up high and windy but well worth the effort. 

I'd literally just bumbled across them on meet-up, that sounds ideal.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter has just learned how to ride her bike, so I'm thinking that I'm going to get myself a bike so I can take her away for bike rides during the summer.  I'm looking for suggestions for an inexpensive, but decent quality bike.  I'm not sure what type I'd want though.  I think either a mountain bike or Hybrid type?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My daughter has just learned how to ride her bike, so I'm thinking that I'm going to get myself a bike so I can take her away for bike rides during the summer.  I'm looking for suggestions for an inexpensive, but decent quality bike.  I'm not sure what type I'd want though.  I think either a mountain bike or Hybrid type?



Likely a hybrid, or if you can do a bit of combing gumtree, the ideal might be an old steel 90s MTB - Kona Cindercone, Specialized Rockhopper, something like that. Inexpensive MTB usually means adding weight in suspension that doesn't work. By the same token, assume any second hand bike suspension won't have ever been serviced properly unless it's something high end and not inexpensive. Folks here seem to like Decathlon for bikes but I skipped the country not long after they opened in the UK so can't vouch personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to the Fife Cycle Park with Statts Jnr and his Spesh. I bought a set of Campagnolo Bullets 50 this week as they were a decent price and want to do some speed runs there.  I’ve fitted them to the SuperSix just now but probably have them permanently fitted onto one of my other bikes unless I prefer them to the Cosmic Carbone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone doing Ride to the Sun on Sat night/Sunday morning?


Not going to bother this year.

Cheers.
Icarus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another ton today, 119 miles round Loch Tay at 19.5 mph with 5600 feet of climb.  Cracking ride with cracking weather! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...