Official P&b Cycling Thread

Went out at the weekend for one final ride of the year and was rewarded with a trip to A+E and 4 stitches in my chin.  Bust my helmet as well (save the Kenneth Williams pictures).  I'd post the pre stitch photo but would probably have to move it to the Nightshift.  :green

2 hours ago, Gnash said:

Went out at the weekend for one final ride of the year and was rewarded with a trip to A+E and 4 stitches in my chin.  Bust my helmet as well (save the Kenneth Williams pictures).  I'd post the pre stitch photo but would probably have to move it to the Nightshift.  :green

Speedy recovery 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I rarely post personal stuff on here but will make an exception for this one.

On Friday I had a successful procedure on my heart that corrected my "atrial fibrillation", that is where one of your valves in the heart is misfiring. I had had the condition since November and it meant I kept my cycling down to mere commuting plus a couple of pleasure type rides. The lard on my arse is showing the lack of road miles.

Now I can start serious riding again :thumsup2 though the advice was to have a quiet, stress free weekend this weekend. So I will start building back up the distance in the coming weeks just in time for spring.

6 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

FTFY 

I was going to report you for that outrageous slant on my character.   Given that I've never posted anything or hold views that might be deemed as racist, sexist or homophobic can you explain the origins of your distasteful and disgraceful antics.   Your such an angry cyclist.   

We all deserve to be able to post without the raw, personal anger issues that you're not seeking the help you need about.  

19 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

I was going to report you for that outrageous slant on my character.   Given that I've never posted anything or hold views that might be deemed as racist, sexist or homophobic can you explain the origins of your distasteful and disgraceful antics.   Your such an angry cyclist.   

We all deserve to be able to post without the raw, personal anger issues that you're not seeking the help you need about.  

Do I really need to ?

Weren't they the reasons you’ve been banned from here on numerous occasions already @perthshirebell @PB 4.2 Etc etc?

Feel free to report me , you deluded simpleton 

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Do I really need to ?

Weren't they the reasons you’ve been banned from here on numerous occasions already @perthshirebell @PB 4.2 Etc etc?

Feel free to report me , you deluded simpleton 

Goodness no.   What makes you think I'd post anything that's racist, sexist or homophobic?    

Why do you always have to enter any discussion about cycling with the raw unfiltered anger we - the P and B community - have become accustomed to from your username?   

We have another dead cyclist and another family ruined and all you can think about is verbally attacking another forum member.    And remember behind every username there is a user with a name - mine's Grahame for example - and your attitude can be deeply hurtful and offensive.    

50 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Goodness no.   What makes you think I'd post anything that's racist, sexist or homophobic?    

Maybe one of the mods can enlighten us then as to why you’ve received so many bans from this forum if you’re still in denial as to the reasons 

Oh and by the way, you’re trying way too hard now :)

Edited by Unleash The Nade

2 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Maybe one of the mods can enlighten us then as to why you’ve received so many bans from this forum if you’re still in denial as to the reasons 

Oh and by the way, you’re trying way too hard now :)

If you're so interested ask @keithgy and @Cardinal Richelieu  The former has banned me 91 times and the latter once.   The former because I disagreed with his policies on van based stopping distances, and the latter for pasting an Alan Partridge quote.   

All of this is of course completely irritating from my perspective.   Let's talk about cycling.  Let's talk about football and stop spamming the page.  

11 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

If you're so interested ask @keithgy and @Cardinal Richelieu  The former has banned me 91 times and the latter once.   The former because I disagreed with his policies on van based stopping distances, and the latter for pasting an Alan Partridge quote.   

All of this is of course completely irritating from my perspective.   Let's talk about cycling.  Let's talk about football and stop spamming the page.  

I'm a Partridge fan, so pleading Partridgean quotes cuts no ice, but even if I did, you've been warned time and time again to stop being a dick. 

God knows how many aliases you've had. I'd wager more than anyone. You're desperate to post your patter left right and centre (some of which has been amusing but much not) 

How about this? Never post on thus cycling thread again, stick within the rules, and I'll never bother you again. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm a Partridge fan, so pleading Partridgean quotes cuts no ice, but even if I did, you've been warned time and time again to stop being a dick. 

God knows how many aliases you've had. I'd wager more than anyone. You're desperate to post your patter left right and centre (some of which has been amusing but much not) 

How about this? Never post on thus cycling thread again, stick within the rules, and I'll never bother you again. 

Appreciate the frank admission you were in the wrong.    I've never posted anything homophobic, sexist or racist because I don't hold these views and I don't attack anyone via my words or physical attacks.   My mates often joke if I was a stretch of water the world over I'd be Lake Placid!    I don't need a large doobie to be permanently chillaxed.   

Let's get back to talking about the cycling!   We're less than four months away from the Tour de France.    That opening Saturday I love to get up early grab a 6-pack of Orangina, make a Jambon Baguette chuck on Eurosport and I'm in televisional heaven.    

Who's your tip for the big race Cardinal?   

I am planning to do the "Five Ferries" Challenge in the summer, ferry from Adrossan to Brodick, cycle to Lochranza, ferry to Claonig, cycle to Tarbet, ferry to Portavadie, cycle to Colintraive, ferry to Rhubodach and cycle to Rothesay and finally ferry to Wemyss Bay. 51 miles of pedalling through some absolutely stunning countryside.
Has anyone done this before? And if so any tips or sound words of wisdom.
TIA

9 minutes ago, Kmeister said:

I am planning to do the "Five Ferries" Challenge in the summer, ferry from Adrossan to Brodick, cycle to Lochranza, ferry to Claonig, cycle to Tarbet, ferry to Portavadie, cycle to Colintraive, ferry to Rhubodach and cycle to Rothesay and finally ferry to Wemyss Bay. 51 miles of pedalling through some absolutely stunning countryside.
TIA

Sounds like you have to get a move on to catch some of the ferries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052qvkf

8 minutes ago, Kmeister said:
30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Sounds like you have to get a move on to catch some of the ferries.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052qvkf

The only tricky one I think is getting from Brodick to Lochranza in about an hour and 15 minutes. Still there are worse places to be stranded.

I did that years ago, loaded with panniers, slow as f**k I am, and I just missed it by seconds, so I guess you'll be fine. That Bogullie is the only bad bit if you don't know it already.

Coming back south over the Bogullie is the only time I ever reached 40 mph on a bike.

Edited by The Mantis

15 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Really hope PSG knock out Man Utd because they're English.    No other reason. 

1 hour ago, Billy Rubin said:

Appreciate the frank admission you were in the wrong.    I've never posted anything homophobic, sexist or racist

:lol:

TIA

Did it about 10 years ago with a trip and overnight on Islay after jumping over to Jura to climb the paps. Wonderful weekend with brilliant weather, hope it’s the same for you!