• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Hank Scorpio

Official P&b Cycling Thread

Note to people on bikes

Traffic lights count for you as well

Your hardly in a position to preach about road safety :angry:

Here

Roads are for Cars, Buses, Trucks and Vans.

Edited by CALDERON

Here

Roads are for cars.

Where are buses, trucks and vans supposed to go then? :huh:

Your hardly in a position to preach about road safety :angry:

Are you referring to him trying to run John Lambie off the road? Poor John.

Are you referring to him trying to run John Lambie off the road? Poor John.

Well it's a bit like Gary Glitter offering to babysit the Mcanns other two kids.

Cycled from the Carron basin to Bowling today then back to Bishopbriggs and got the train to Falkirk high.Then cycled home had to change trains at Croy due to work on the line that was a bit of a pisser, good wee jaunt though in half decent weather today.

I fancy getting a bike. Not too confident with the whole junction/roundabout/signalling/looking round while moving though. :lol:

Since this has been brought back to life I will join in.

I have decided to take up cycling to get a bit fitter and have just ordered this bike which I get on Friday:-

specialized-sirrus-sport-hybrid-bike-53197.jpg

Have gone for the SPD pedals and all that and am a bit concerned about forgetting I am attached to the pedals and keeling over!!

I have decided to take up cycling to get a bit fitter and have just ordered this bike which I get on Friday:-

Have gone for the SPD pedals and all that and am a bit concerned about forgetting I am attached to the pedals and keeling over!!

i'll be looking out for you on the A904 biggrin.gif

i'll be looking out for you on the A904 biggrin.gif

I will be using the Queensferry to Linlithgow route as a training road.

About 12 miles from one to another, will probably cyle from my house to the Star & Garter and turn around at the roundabout and head back.

More likely to use the Threemile Town road as it will be less busy!

My mate and I have both started cycling a lot again because it's now summer. However, I suspect we won't as much when it's winter and we'll both have passed our driving tests by then.

They take a wee bit of getting used to but if you do fall off because of your feet being stuck in the pedasls you probably wont be going very fast. its a slow motion fall! more embarassing than sore .

Edited by Nkomo-A-Gogo

They take a wee bit of getting used to but if you do fall off because of your feet being stuck in the pedasls you probably wont be going very fast. its a slow motion fall! more embarassing than sore .

So I believe, everyone I speak to has done it at one stage or another!!

Anybody doing the Pedal For Scotland - Glasgow to Edinburgh jaunt next weekend?

I am but chose to do it on the 12th September,as that's when the events arranged for!!

If you look at a thread I started about this a few weeks ago,you'll see Perthshirebell's desperate to offer sponsorship to anyone taking part.

With regards to new bikes,I bought a Specialized Crosstrail Comp through the cycle to work scheme a few weeks ago.

Bike cost £660,but will only pay around £335 with Vat & tax relief deductions.

Can thoroughly recommend it as mainly for road use,but sturdy enough for some decent off road as well .

Have become hooked and doing about 80-100 miles a week.

Great fun zooming past all these nuggets oot jogging tongue.gif

I am but chose to do it on the 12th September,as that's when the events arranged for!!

If you look at a thread I started about this a few weeks ago,you'll see Perthshirebell's desperate to offer sponsorship to anyone taking part.

With regards to new bikes,I bought a Specialized Crosstrail Comp through the cycle to work scheme a few weeks ago.

Can thoroughly recommend it as mainly for road use,but sturdy enough for some decent off road as well .

I looked into the Cycle 2 Work scheme but you can only opt in through my work in December FFS!!

Be aware anyone else - VAT relief only good where your employer is VAT registered and will reclaim it for you.

Good deal otherwise.

I presume you're in Edinburgh (could be massively wrong)-where do you do your cycling?

Up you, Reina!! :P

27 miles today, that's 96 overall this week.

I'm looking to break the 100 mark next week!

my friend who is 14 has done nearly 90 miles in one day before. :P

I presume you're in Edinburgh (could be massively wrong)-where do you do your cycling?

I live in Larbert,which is about 3 miles from Falkirk and just next to Stenhousemuir.

Mainly cycle around this area,which has quite few good routes and cyclepaths,including ones alongside F&C and Union canals,but find them a bit flat & boring