Official P&b Cycling Thread

Another 19.5 miles tonight, averaged 16.1mph and did it in just over 1hr 10 mins.

Cycled from SQ o Linlithgow and back.

I get the impression I am the only one interested in this so will stop telling you now.sad.gif

I may be purchasing a bicycle in the near future, as I'm interested in getting a bit fitter, but have zero interest in running/walking. There seems to be some really nice cycle paths around this neck of the woods, so I'm quite keen.

There is, however, a major drawback.

I have never been on a bike in my life. laugh.gif

So, to that end, I have to get past the somewhat embarrassing spectacle of learning how to ride one of these fuckers before I can go anywhere decent. In the million to one chance that someone else took up this activity after the age of 12, can I ask how long d'you reckon an adult would take to be comfortable riding a bike?

I may be purchasing a bicycle in the near future, as I'm interested in getting a bit fitter, but have zero interest in running/walking. There seems to be some really nice cycle paths around this neck of the woods, so I'm quite keen.

I have never been on a bike in my life. :lol:

So, to that end, I have to get past the somewhat embarrassing spectacle of learning how to ride one of these fuckers before I can go anywhere decent. In the million to one chance that someone else took up this activity after the age of 12, can I ask how long d'you reckon an adult would take to be comfortable riding a bike?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel like a gay person who's just 'come out' tongue.gif

cannae wait to see a local paper with the headline

"man charged with drunk driving on a bike"

story will read

in the st ninians area of stirling...........

I reckon it will take you all of 35 seconds to master the art of riding a bike, after that you will never forget. It's like, well, riding a bike really......

edit. Your signature is brilliant, how did you do that?

Edited by monkeyblair

I reckon it will take you all of 35 seconds to master the art of riding a bike, after that you will never forget. It's like, well, riding a bike really......

Fucking cyclists.

If my insurance premiums werent so high id side-swipe every one of you lycra-clad knobends.

:lol: an interweb road-rage hardman! You sound like a very angry fellow. Perhaps you should take up cycling in order to get out of the house & away from that annoying wife who does nothing but order you about.

Back out on bike last night after a 2 week break and did 16 miles.

Decided to invest in a new saddle though as current one is like sitting on a frigging razor blade and causes numb-knob!

Still off work for a week and going to try and do at least 20 miles each day.

Me and two mates looking at buying open ferry ticket from Cal-Mac and cycling around Islay,Colonsay and Mull next year.

Not really being a pikey here but if you are just getting into cycling and don't want to overspend on accessories, Lidl are selling helmets, clothes and other bits and bobs very cheaply starting from today.

It is, of course, all shite quality but would do for a starter.

Not really being a pikey here but if you are just getting into cycling and don't want to overspend on accessories, Lidl are selling helmets, clothes and other bits and bobs very cheaply starting from today.

It is, of course, all shite quality but would do for a starter.

With the exception of my helmet,I've bought most of my stuff out of Soccer Sports which is all Karrimor branded.

Not the top quality,but certainly cracking value for money.(shorts,cycle top,thermal bodies,gloves,waterproof)

I agree with Monkeyblair on this one.

Some of my mates have become accessory junkies and bought all the top on expensive kit,but only go out once in a blue moon and are blowing out their arses after only cycling 10 miles or so.

Buy the best you can within budget,but without compromising on safetly, then the more you get into it you can then start to upgrade your kit.

Edit to add. new saddle is brilliant and has solved "problem"

Edited by Unleash The Nade

With the exception of my helmet,I've bought most of my stuff out of Soccer Sports which is all Karrimor branded.

Not the top quality,but certainly cracking value for money.(shorts,cycle top,thermal bodies,gloves,waterproof)

I agree with Monkeyblair on this one.

Some of my mates have become accessory junkies and bought all the top on expensive kit,but only go out once in a blue moon and are blowing out their arses after only cycling 10 miles or so.

Buy the best you can within budget,but without compromising on safetly, then the more you get into it you can then start to upgrade your kit.

Edit to add. new saddle is brilliant and has solved "problem"

My old man bought me the pump / gloves / trousers from Lidl yesterday as he was down having a look and have to say the pump and gloves are fine, I have my doubt about the trousers but at £7.99 if they last me a few rides I will be happy...

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get an extra large helmet (fnarr fnarr!!)? My head is on the large side and regular large helmets are too small

Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative sale starts tomorrow, they will be able to help.

45152_142781985760508_100000861210189_194410_1624297_n.jpg

Got my new bike today. Cycled it home about 3 miles (mainly up hill) and Im knackered. tongue.gif

Im going back out on it tomorrow to give it a good test run smile.gif

Im well chuffed with it.

What kind of bike did you go for Matt?