Official P&b Cycling Thread

37 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

So they should technically get aff the road and cycle along the river then?

If you mean someone following the red arrows, that's something they shouldn't be doing so yes - either get to the other side of the road or use the path along the river. 

12 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Just done the 3 lochs way. Up Loch Lomond Side then Arrochar onto the Gareloch. The "cycle" lane up Loch Lomond side shoud really be upgraded, it's a mess. Could be a great cycling tourist boost. 

Did it last year. Indeed, that LL lane is poor, worsened by camper vans and other vehicles half-parked on it, and assorted detritus deposited thereon.

Joined the walking wounded after an off on Old Dalmahoy Road this morning. Back wheel skidded on loose gravel and down I went. Lots of offers of help for which I was very thankful. Helmet did its job and will now be replaced. 
Mrs. Nosejob thought I was joking when she read the what3words pickup point. 
https://w3w.co/tastier.husbands.district

F073A5E8-4FE6-4962-9270-4806E54E6A49.jpeg.ace2553d26ea13079816196aff10ecc4.jpeg356097F1-1DB6-49DC-8253-1755CE2D1263.jpeg.0c2be6ce2e241998f5202fad4614308c.jpeg912BF0EC-FE8B-4358-9747-51B12709DD63.jpeg.b6320f1ef93a4aaed1d674e5d8a80454.jpeg
7A8F033F-1A26-4F4B-BB33-16B3C8463C47.jpeg.9204e3d97135e5d99b28cee8ead2306f.jpeg

Edited by Funky Nosejob
Another endorsement of MIPS helmets

I was supposed to be out this morning but legs are gubbed after yesterday's hills and it gives me the perfect excuse to doss about the house and fire up the new Wattbike later [emoji23] Also my bike is running like a bag of fucking spanners, with heavy wheels and slow tyres. Pish.

I was supposed to be out this morning but legs are gubbed after yesterday's hills and it gives me the perfect excuse to doss about the house and fire up the new Wattbike later [emoji23] Also my bike is running like a bag of fucking spanners, with heavy wheels and slow tyres. Pish.
Did you get that Atom one thats on tv?

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
I was supposed to be out this morning but legs are gubbed after yesterday's hills and it gives me the perfect excuse to doss about the house and fire up the new Wattbike later emoji23.png Also my bike is running like a bag of fucking spanners, with heavy wheels and slow tyres. Pish.

Did you get that Atom one thats on tv?

Aye, the next gen version. Expensive, but got it on 0% Finance for 2 years and sold my spin bike and a direct drive trainer which took the sting out somewhat.

The original Wattbike Atom had a few issues, particularly with gear shifting - the new one has ironed those out and seems to have been reworked to properly work with likes of Zwift, RGT, Rouvy etc 

On 10/07/2021 at 12:22, Funky Nosejob said:

Joined the walking wounded after an off on Old Dalmahoy Road this morning. Back wheel skidded on loose gravel and down I went. Lots of offers of help for which I was very thankful. Helmet did its job and will now be replaced. 
Mrs. Nosejob thought I was joking when she read the what3words pickup point. 
https://w3w.co/tastier.husbands.district

How are you healing up? The pictures of the helmet (oo er) that yourself and @well fan for life have put up recently just go to show the importance of wearing one. 

After posting about bike computers, I picked this one up https://amzn.to/3xHy4We for £60 off Facebook marketplace. Going to give it it's first run out on Saturday, cycling down to Brighton and then back home. Think it's around 60 miles in total, certainly the furthest I will have done in a long old time. Can't wait. 

Matching scars here 😅. This is what I'm left with as of today. I'll save you from the really disgusting images unless someone is very interested.
E61A148B-F57D-4B14-8ED1-C5015EB8ACB0.thumb.jpeg.ed84668cf5e57fec305e3af28308541f.jpeg

On the plus I've been out zipping around on the Brompton this week since the weather is nice. Put the Felt in for a full service the other day so I'm just waiting on pay day to go on a cycling kit shopping spree. Very, very tempted to buy the CHPT3 kit. 

47 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

How are you healing up? The pictures of the helmet (oo er) that yourself and well fan for life have put up recently just go to show the importance of wearing one. 

Bright yellow bruises on my hip and ribs making sleeping awkward. Hoping to totally remove dressings on my arm tomorrow. 
New helmet (MIPS again), shorts and gloves arrived yesterday. Collected bicycle from repair shop, where it had a check over, last night and rode it tentatively around the garden. Already checking the weekend weather forecast.

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Matching scars here 😅. This is what I'm left with as of today. I'll save you from the really disgusting images unless someone is very interested.
E61A148B-F57D-4B14-8ED1-C5015EB8ACB0.thumb.jpeg.ed84668cf5e57fec305e3af28308541f.jpeg

On the plus I've been out zipping around on the Brompton this week since the weather is nice. Put the Felt in for a full service the other day so I'm just waiting on pay day to go on a cycling kit shopping spree. Very, very tempted to buy the CHPT3 kit. 

Go on, put them in a spoiler tag.  Might make me feel a bit better about some of my cycling injuries. 🤢

1 hour ago, Gnash said:

Go on, put them in a spoiler tag.  Might make me feel a bit better about some of my cycling injuries. 🤢

Ok. You asked for it. Too many photos to upload in a post so they're on imgur in the spoiler. Look at your own peril. 

No really. If you don't like blood/minging stuff stop now.

Edited by well fan for life

23 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Ok. You asked for it. Too many photos to upload in a post so they're on imgur in the spoiler. Look at your own peril. 

Reveal hidden contents

No really. If you don't like blood/minging stuff stop now.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, pretty nasty.  Showering is a nightmare for about 3 weeks after losing that much skin.

Good to see it's well on the mend. 👍

30 miles down to Brighton this morning, got there just after 7 and sat on the beach for about half an hour. When it came to getting up and starting my journey back my legs were totally done. Just had nothing left. So ended up walking up from the seafront up to the station and getting a train back. Unfortunately my local station is out of service this weekend, so I ended up about 15 miles from home and had to cycle back. Possibly the slowest 15 miles I have ever done.

20210717_072353-01.jpeg

On 10/07/2021 at 12:22, Funky Nosejob said:

Joined the walking wounded after an off on Old Dalmahoy Road this morning. Back wheel skidded on loose gravel and down I went.

Back out for an hour this morning. Down about ½ - 1 mph on average which I should get back once I’m fully healed and get my confidence back.