Official P&b Cycling Thread

Stage 1 of the Women's Tour of Scotland = Cancelled.   

With the rain this morning I was surprised it actually started. I had been looking forward to seeing the finish as it was practically going past my house.
Typically it was sunny by the time it had been due to be in Dunfermline.IMG_0135.jpg

On 13/08/2019 at 10:06, NewBornBairn said:

Signed up for the Highland Perthshire Challenge on the 24th (insert placeholder for PerthshireBell gag here)

Anyone else doing it?

I'll leave it until the last minute to check the weather. You doing the 50 or the 100? 

I'm not sure I trust these c***s after their hilariously false total ascent description for the Cairn o'Mount challenge and route selection 😂

ETA: Does ThisTimePerthshireNonce spend all day waiting for someone to post on this thread? Fucking tragic 😂

Edited by Day of the Lords

On 14/08/2019 at 21:39, Shotgun said:

Day 3 of the Tour de Colorado.

IMG_1187.jpg

Why do you keep the luggage on the front wheel, thought it would be more stable steering on the back? Probably showing my ignorance here.

Why do you keep the luggage on the front wheel, thought it would be more stable steering on the back? Probably showing my ignorance here.

It’s a personal preference but I find it better to balance the weight by taking some of the load off the back wheel. Kind of academic on this trip because I’m not carrying that much anyway but I usually have a tent, sleeping bag, cooking gear and whatnot and I put those on the back rack.

Looks awesome, you jammy b*****d

It really has been great although...today was a bit of a pig. Grinding uphill for miles on the shoulder of a busy highway with artics buzzing by just feet away. Still, the beer at the end is hitting the spot.

Lost my only Strava KOM (which has stood for 3 years), which was beaten by 13 seconds, with the rider averaging 34.6 mph for 0.7 miles , on a slightly uphill gradient  :o

This guy was either ;

A. An absolute beast, ( in that case chapeau) 

B. On an electric bike 

C. A cheating Cnut in his car 

14 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Lost my only Strava KOM (which has stood for 3 years), which was beaten by 13 seconds, with the rider averaging 34.6 mph for 0.7 miles , on a slightly uphill gradient  :o

This guy was either ;

B. On an electric bike 

Or he had a 20 mph tailwind.  I got one today for the same reason. 😎

19 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

You are a beige wannabe edgelord. 

Your crapness as a human being means we can unite as people from the hard Corbyn left to the Boris right, from the most Rangers are awesome to supporters of the smallest clubs in Scotland in agreeing you are just shite. 

I do not hate you. You do not make me angry, I just feel sorry for you and treat you like an alcoholic on a park bench. You are in the way but you need our sympathy.

I actually respect Magee more than you. 

On 17/08/2019 at 07:33, Unleash The Nade said:

This guy was either ;

B. On an electric bike 

I lost a KOM today but a quick check of the ride that beat it showed it was done in a car, or at least the section that beat the KOM was.  Quite often I see rides where someone leaves their GPS on after a ride while they're on the drive home.  

If you can be bothered, check the ride data and it should be pretty obvious if it was done in a car (eg 60 mph speed on the flat).  You can then flag the ride and get your KOM back.