Official P&b Cycling Thread

Great day out on the bike today with 3 of my mates who also happen to be Police Officers , one of whom is responsible for the initiation of “Operation Close Pass”.

Has to be said they’re showing more than a passing interest in one of the regular posters on this forum and his continual attempts at creating hatred towards them and other fellow cyclists, not to mention his illegal videoing activities.

Just saying like . 

6 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Great day out on the bike today with 3 of my mates who also happen to be Police Officers , one of whom is responsible for the initiation of “Operation Close Pass”.

Has to be said they’re showing more than a passing interest in one of the regular posters on this forum and his continual attempts at creating hatred towards them and other fellow cyclists, not to mention his illegal videoing activities.

Just saying like . 

Great use of police resources IMO.

5 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

:lol:

That's quite the allegation UTN!    If Police Scotland are indeed actively tracking this thread - eager to arrest anyone that dares to post up memes complaining about cycling standards then I'm duty bound to inform a moderator @Tynierose as it's important Div and the team can prepare themselves ( as I will ) for the inevitable knock on the door from Police Scotland.     

^^ That’s almost as good as a confession of guilt 

Just saying like . 

Hahahaha what a minter

Just saying like . 
What a riddy. Either clyping on someone for winding you up on a forum or making up stories about copper mates coming after him.

A complete and utter simpleton.

14 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Just saying like . 

9C298FE3-A6FA-4D6C-BAEF-E9C8E03F8F81.jpeg

Hoping to get into cycling (haven't cycled anywhere for about 12-15 years and pretty close to obesity), can anyone recommend some 'beginner' bikes that'll be good for a combination of commuting and maybe some light off road (trail) cycling?

9 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

Hoping to get into cycling (haven't cycled anywhere for about 12-15 years and pretty close to obesity), can anyone recommend some 'beginner' bikes that'll be good for a combination of commuting and maybe some light off road (trail) cycling?

Sounds pretty similar to me, I've came down a few waist sizes since I started cycling.

Hybrids would probably be ideal for you, I've got one for mainly road use and another for tracks and stuff.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:41, boulderdomb said:

What would your budget be?

On 21/07/2019 at 22:29, Unleash The Nade said:

Just saying like . 

Come chasing after us in one of these?

607870?w=637&h=403

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

I am supposed to be cycling London to Malmesbury tomorrow for a music festival and the weather is set for 39C. 

Thirty fucking nine. Head off early then and take plenty of water. 🌡️

That's insane, you wouldn't think about doing it in a snow blizzard. Get the train to Swindon or Chippenham and get sunstroke from there.

• 2 weeks later...

An attempt on the women's Land's End to John O' Groats cycling record is currently underway.  Christina Mackenzie, originally from Stornoway and now living in Stirling, is currently ahead of schedule and is aiming to beat the current record of 2 days, 4 hours and 45 minutes.

Twitter updates: https://twitter.com/lejogmack?lang=en

Tracker: http://live.opentracking.co.uk/lejogfkt19/