Official P&b Cycling Thread

1 hour ago, Sigma said:

I got this second-hand bike for only £30 today. I am 15 stone, and I have been suffering from Anxiety for 10 years. I think this is going to help me out a lot, and I feel like I am ready to take a big step in changing my mental and psychical health. I'm looking forward to being one with nature and seeing a lot of great views. 20190628_182554.jpg

The best thing about riding a bike is it makes you instantly 10YO again. Nothing to worry about but the trail in front of you, and trying to avoid encounters with gravel and dog shite. 

The best thing about riding a bike is it makes you instantly 10YO again. Nothing to worry about but the trail in front of you, and trying to avoid encounters with gravel and dog shite. 

Was cycling through Kinross earlier. I felt like I have rediscovered a high I haven't felt in ages. I used to love cycling when I was kid and Teenager, and I am amazed I have been away from a bike for this long.

Would rather run over through dog shite than deal with people talking shite on a daily basis lol.

Was cycling through Kinross earlier. I felt like I have rediscovered a high I haven't felt in ages. I used to love cycling when I was kid and Teenager, and I am amazed I have been away from a bike for this long. 
Would rather run over through dog shite than deal with people talking shite on a daily basis lol.

In both cases, a quick blast with a hose is the ideal way to get rid of em, but only really practical for your tyres, unfortunately.

Having not cycled since I was a teenager I got a bike on cycle to work 5 years ago aged 28 for commuting, and I have used it almost exclusively for that purpose. Moved closer to the countryside late last year and when the good weather started this year got the urge to get out into the hills I could now see the sun beating down on from my house.

Set myself a goal of getting from Bearsden up and over Crow Road over the campsies and back home and did it today, 39 mile round trip.

Nothing compared to the real cyclists in this thread but chuffed with myself. Extra motivation from reading perthshire bells guff on this thread! Cheers!

8 hours ago, Reignman said:

Having not cycled since I was a teenager I got a bike on cycle to work 5 years ago aged 28 for commuting, and I have used it almost exclusively for that purpose. Moved closer to the countryside late last year and when the good weather started this year got the urge to get out into the hills I could now see the sun beating down on from my house.

Set myself a goal of getting from Bearsden up and over Crow Road over the campsies and back home and did it today, 39 mile round trip.

Nothing compared to the real cyclists in this thread but chuffed with myself. Extra motivation from reading perthshire bells guff on this thread! Cheers!

As that old meme/saying goes, you are going faster than everyone on the couch!

It’s not all about distance and speed, it’s about getting out there!

On 27/06/2019 at 12:02, die hard doonhamer said:

Started cycling to work regularly after going from 2 cars down to 1 last week.

Tuesday - 2 rear punctures on way in, got the wife to pick me up and take me back home at the end of the day.

Wednesday - rear puncture on the way in to work, front puncture on the way home.

Thursday - A puncture free ride in to work! After replacing both tyres on Wednesday evening and thoroughly checking the wheels for anything that might be causing the issue. Hopefully it's now resolved and I'll get some puncture free cycling!

Update: 4 days of puncture free cycling this week (took the car on Monday). My legs feel totally drained but I'm loving it. 

Christ. I think that tubby creep spends more time on this thread than all the actual cyclists combined 😂

Adam Boulton absolutely reeks of a man who drives an Audi utterly seething at having to spend 10 seconds behind a bike. 

23 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Adam Boulton absolutely reeks of a man who drives a Kia  utterly seething at having to spend 10 seconds behind a bike. 

ftfy

The attached videos shows what an utter wankststained heap of lard and bones he is 

https://youtu.be/zwXSYcXbVYY

Got my Di2 fixed at Leslie Bike Shop, a good clean out and all the cables reconnected seems to have done the trick. I think this started at the Etape Caledonia where the weather was chucking up lots of crap.

Great job by the guys there and of course a quick 40 miler shakedown ride yesterday was in order!

13 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
On 08/07/2019 at 08:16, Unleash The Nade said:
ftfy
The attached videos shows what an utter wankststained heap of lard and bones he is 

I see he's 60. Age, being a fat f**k and that level of anger should hopefully see a heart attack before long. Gammon c**t.

Lot of rage from Boulton there, he should get himself a bike to help relief that stress!!

12 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

But cyclists on this thread have called him "A fat f**k",  "Gammon c**t", "utter wankstain"  and a "heap of lard"  and as well as wishing him a heart attack.    

That's why cyclists are - knock out the park - by far the angriest, most aggressive people in the world, and why we have Category 5 offenders offering up such hatred towards Mr Boulton.   

Well here at C.A.S.T we like to think of all road users as equals whether they are car drivers, cyclists, horse riders or similar and we strongly encourage discussion between all parties whether they drive budget Korean cars or expensive carbon fibre bikes. It’s all about positive dialogue!

"The cycling community" :lol:.

You're not a community! You're an unrelated group of people who happen to use the same method of transport. I wallk to work but I don't consider myself part of the perambulating community.

"The cycling community" [emoji38].
You're not a community! You're an unrelated group of people who happen to use the same method of transport. I wallk to work but I don't consider myself part of the perambulating community.
What a state to get yourself into [emoji23]

Police hunting the Falkirk based cyclist that exposed himself to a woman yesterday.  

Can all Category 3,4 and 5 offenders please provide evidence of where they've been cycling over the last couple days. 
I can't think of anyone better qualified to find a creepy weirdo than yourself tbqh.

On 14/07/2019 at 14:11, This time Perthshirebell said:

Police hunting the Falkirk based cyclist that exposed himself to a woman yesterday.  

Can all Category 3,4 and 5 offenders please provide evidence of where they've been cycling over the last couple days. 

Could all persons who secretly video people for their own gratification in the name of road safety please provide evidence of their whereabouts as this is probably one of the next steps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-48982140

Edited by statts1976uk