Official P&b Cycling Thread

Ride to the Sun was pretty epic. Rode the return to Carlisle as well. 207 miles at 16.1mph and 8400ft ascent. My first ton and double ton at the same time. Also arrived at Cramond 2 hours early for sunrise [emoji1] Don't think I'll be doing a double ton again. Fucking hell.

I won't be taking lectures on 'wasting my life' from a man who's traveled from Forfar to Carlisle to cycle to Edinburgh in the fucking dark!  Before cycling back to Carlisle  because you couldn't afford a hotel room or a train ticket.    

You took a photo of someone's house to pretend it was your own [emoji1]

You fat c**t [emoji1]

13 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

What *actually* happened is I stole a photo from a property letting site.   I'm reticent to post a photo of my detached house with two trees which stand taller than the chimney because I've become a target for angry cyclists.    

Tonight I'm going to my bed.   You enjoy another pointless cycle in the dark!   

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

That's just plain nasty.   

Just because you cycle doesn't mean you have to play up to the stereotype.  

☹️

I'm a nasty person. A nasty car driver and a nasty cyclist.

Well I tried the Campagnolo Bullets that I bought on my good bike and even though they are slightly heavier than my Cosmic Carbones I think I preferred them. Quite a few of my PBs dropped on Strava and they just felt better on the hills.

The downside to my day was that my front mech stopped working, I’ve charged the battery and it’s made no difference. Any suggestions before I start taking the system apart, is it likely to be the wiring or the mech?

Started cycling to work regularly after going from 2 cars down to 1 last week.

Tuesday - 2 rear punctures on way in, got the wife to pick me up and take me back home at the end of the day.

Wednesday - rear puncture on the way in to work, front puncture on the way home.

Thursday - A puncture free ride in to work! After replacing both tyres on Wednesday evening and thoroughly checking the wheels for anything that might be causing the issue. Hopefully it's now resolved and I'll get some puncture free cycling!

4 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Morning, 

Just wondering if anybody has ever used Zwift (or similar) before? 

I just have a bog standard Carrera Road Bike, so assuming that would fit something like this Turbo Trainer  ? 

I was on BKool for a bit and it was ok, you just have to get the setup right. It’s easy if it’s a smart trainer but you can do it with sensors and a normal trainer but you won’t get all the functionality.

5 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Morning, 

Just wondering if anybody has ever used Zwift (or similar) before? 

I just have a bog standard Carrera Road Bike, so assuming that would fit something like this Turbo Trainer  ? 

Should be fine.  I used to have one of those turbos.  You'll get a bit of tyre slippage if your going up a big gradient in an easy gear but its a fairly solid unit for the price and works well with zwift.  You might want to get a cadence sensor if you're bothered about that metric being accurate.

47 minutes ago, ark loyal said:

Should be fine.  I used to have one of those turbos.  You'll get a bit of tyre slippage if your going up a big gradient in an easy gear but its a fairly solid unit for the price and works well with zwift.  You might want to get a cadence sensor if you're bothered about that metric being accurate.

Purely just to dip my toe in the water with Zwift and see if I can take to it. 

Yeah saw most reviews saying to get the sensor as well. 

Thanks for the info. 

I got this second-hand bike for only £30 today. I am 15 stone, and I have been suffering from Anxiety for 10 years. I think this is going to help me out a lot, and I feel like I am ready to take a big step in changing my mental and psychical health. I'm looking forward to being one with nature and seeing a lot of great views. 20190628_182554.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sigma said:

I got this second-hand bike for only £30 today. I am 15 stone, and I have been suffering from Anxiety for 10 years. I think this is going to help me out a lot, and I feel like I am ready to take a big step in changing my mental and psychical health. I'm looking forward to being one with nature and seeing a lot of great views. 20190628_182554.jpg

Great decision, Sigma - enjoy! That ivy is ruining your leylandii, mind.

Great decision, Sigma - enjoy! That ivy is ruining your leylandii, mind.
Thanks! I have been feeling a buzz about it all the day. I'm going to try and make cycling a good part of Loch Leven a daily thing.

Aye, I should denfitley get round to attending to the garden again. With the weather being so good recently, I should get some time to make it more presentable.

1 hour ago, Sigma said:

The best thing about riding a bike is it makes you instantly 10YO again. Nothing to worry about but the trail in front of you, and trying to avoid encounters with gravel and dog shite. 

The best thing about riding a bike is it makes you instantly 10YO again. Nothing to worry about but the trail in front of you, and trying to avoid encounters with gravel and dog shite. 

Was cycling through Kinross earlier. I felt like I have rediscovered a high I haven't felt in ages. I used to love cycling when I was kid and Teenager, and I am amazed I have been away from a bike for this long.

Would rather run over through dog shite than deal with people talking shite on a daily basis lol.

Was cycling through Kinross earlier. I felt like I have rediscovered a high I haven't felt in ages. I used to love cycling when I was kid and Teenager, and I am amazed I have been away from a bike for this long. 
Would rather run over through dog shite than deal with people talking shite on a daily basis lol.

In both cases, a quick blast with a hose is the ideal way to get rid of em, but only really practical for your tyres, unfortunately.