Official P&b Cycling Thread

8 minutes ago, Kmeister said:
30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Sounds like you have to get a move on to catch some of the ferries.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052qvkf

The only tricky one I think is getting from Brodick to Lochranza in about an hour and 15 minutes. Still there are worse places to be stranded.

I did that years ago, loaded with panniers, slow as f**k I am, and I just missed it by seconds, so I guess you'll be fine. That Bogullie is the only bad bit if you don't know it already.

Coming back south over the Bogullie is the only time I ever reached 40 mph on a bike.

Edited by The Mantis

15 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Really hope PSG knock out Man Utd because they're English.    No other reason. 

1 hour ago, Billy Rubin said:

Appreciate the frank admission you were in the wrong.    I've never posted anything homophobic, sexist or racist

:lol:

I am planning to do the "Five Ferries" Challenge in the summer, ferry from Adrossan to Brodick, cycle to Lochranza, ferry to Claonig, cycle to Tarbet, ferry to Portavadie, cycle to Colintraive, ferry to Rhubodach and cycle to Rothesay and finally ferry to Wemyss Bay. 51 miles of pedalling through some absolutely stunning countryside.
Has anyone done this before? And if so any tips or sound words of wisdom.
TIA

Did it about 10 years ago with a trip and overnight on Islay after jumping over to Jura to climb the paps. Wonderful weekend with brilliant weather, hope it’s the same for you!

6 hours ago, Kmeister said:

I am planning to do the "Five Ferries" Challenge in the summer, ferry from Adrossan to Brodick, cycle to Lochranza, ferry to Claonig, cycle to Tarbet, ferry to Portavadie, cycle to Colintraive, ferry to Rhubodach and cycle to Rothesay and finally ferry to Wemyss Bay. 51 miles of pedalling through some absolutely stunning countryside.
Has anyone done this before? And if so any tips or sound words of wisdom.
TIA

I’ve done it a few times and if the weathers good , it can be one of the best days on the bike you’ll have .

As someone’s already said , the only time you might be tight for time I’d getting from Brodick to Lochranza.

If you fancy adding a few miles , I’d suggest parking your car at Wemyss Bay then cycling to Ardrossan ferry terminal ,

It means on the way back , the last ferry you take goes from Rothesay to Wemyss Bay and you’re cars there ( fully appreciate it then goes from Wemyss Bay to Ardrossan)

If you can can do it at short notice( as nothing needs ore booked ) all the better , as you can chose a good day , as it can be bloody miserable in the cold and wet 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Billy Rubin said:

Really angry to read this.    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/cyclists-pushed-into-union-canal-by-gang-of-youths/  

There's absolutely never any need for retaliation and mindless thuggery.    Chuck 'em into the canal and you're no better than them.   

vandals-threw-old-bike-water-canal-small-part-protrudes-above-water-surface-29850997 (1).jpg

Anyone done the 5 ferries challenge?

Thinking about doing this over next couple of weeks. Just looking for some info on how long it took to cycle the Brodick to Lochranza leg as this seems the tightest for catching next ferry.

9 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

Thinking about doing this over next couple of weeks. Just looking for some info on how long it took to cycle the Brodick to Lochranza leg as this seems the tightest for catching next ferry.

This was discussed a couple of pages ago.   The conclusion was it's very do-able.  

Let me know how you get on please as myself and a couple of friends are planning on doing this in the Summer.
TIA

I've been over in Tenerife and rented a bike for a couple of days. Cracking riding but unfortunately I came off a betler and done my collarbone. Anyone else done that before and any good rehab advice?

17 minutes ago, ark loyal said:

I've been over in Tenerife and rented a bike for a couple of days. Cracking riding but unfortunately I came off a betler and done my collarbone. Anyone else done that before and any good rehab advice?

Lay off the wanking for 2 - 3 weeks.

10 hours ago, ark loyal said:

10 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Lay off the wanking for 2 - 3 weeks.

You can get a District Nurse to come in and do it for you. Speak to your GP

16 hours ago, ark loyal said:

Do NOT sneeze.