Official P&b Cycling Thread

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Have reported PB for trolling this thread

The forum's drama queen reports me for 'discussing cycling in the cycling thread'.    :lol:  And cycling 250 miles in 5 days deserves absolutely no sponsorship as it requires absolutely no effort level.   Pretty much any adult can cycle 125 miles a day so you should be completing that in 2 days max.   

Have reported PB for trolling this thread so hopefully we won't see him in this particular topic again.
I've been back out on the bike again the last couple of weeks.  I am doing a 250 mile cycle across 5 different countries in Europe in 5 days this August.  I'm going solo on this one to raise money for the Beatson charity.  I didn't do any charity cycling last year with the wee one being born but I'm getting back on it this year.

On another point - has anyone got this Zwift app/thing?  I saw on Strava today that it was the UK Championships and there were a few hundred people all racing with each other - virtually.   Thought it looked good although I won't be looking to get involved as I think I would just avoid cycling outside ever again.

TELEMMGLPICT000128054238_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqPp1vfDBGjvFaCR8qNhUq5HyNvxj1lavbzJMmBr_s4Sw.jpeg?imwidth=450

Dirty grass. Considering you spam the forum with tedious pish, you are worse than Lee Wallace. Away back to The Sims

25 miles today - only my second ride (fnarrr) of the year.  It actually wasn't even that cold, and with the rare easterly wind I managed to get a few good times on Strava.  Long live the cold spell (so long as it doesn't snow).

22 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Dirty grass. Considering you spam the forum with tedious pish, you are worse than Lee Wallace. Away back to The Sims

I believe he reported @throbber the other day.  

Sad times when all you have is computer games and annoying the moderators with ridiculous claims. 

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Have reported PB for trolling this thread so hopefully we won't see him in this particular topic again.

I've been back out on the bike again the last couple of weeks.  I am doing a 250 mile cycle across 5 different countries in Europe in 5 days this August.  I'm going solo on this one to raise money for the Beatson charity.  I didn't do any charity cycling last year with the wee one being born but I'm getting back on it this year.

On another point - has anyone got this Zwift app/thing?  I saw on Strava today that it was the UK Championships and there were a few hundred people all racing with each other - virtually.   Thought it looked good although I won't be looking to get involved as I think I would just avoid cycling outside ever again.

Image result for zwift uk championship

Not sure why what you're doing on your holidays would influence people to donate to this Beast charity. Why not just go round with a tin?

On 24/02/2018 at 10:47, statts1976uk said:

Nice ride out today, just over two hours this morning and 39 miles, not overly pushing but felt good.

I see the resident “overhead and dickhead” has been stalking me again! I suppose it’s better that he is stalking me than taking covert videos of people, young and old, going about their daily business for whatever reason that keeps him going.

IMG_5534.JPG

I think we should feel honoured that the Perthshire simpleton takes so much time to red dot us . 

I got another 17 last night which is still a bit short of his record , but I live in hope.

As you rightly say , it’s better spending time on us rather than harassing innocent women on bicycles and living in his sad, lonely fantasy world pretending to be and have everything that’s so obviously missing from his life .

12 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

The absolute state UTN gets himself into is genuinely hilarious. What a complete mess. 

That’s the umpteenth time you’ve posted something similar and tbh it’s getting boring especially for a box office poster such as yourself 

Im happy it gives you such amusement, keep tuning in 

Eta . awaiting the “ pure raging “, follow up :)

Edited by Unleash The Nade

26 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

That’s the umpteenth time you’ve posted something similar and tbh it’s getting boring especially for a box office poster such as yourself 

Im happy it gives you such amusement, keep tuning in 

Eta . awaiting the “ pure raging “, follow up :)

It was my very first post on the thread :lol: 

Edited by Jimmy85

Nice ride out this morning, Dundee to Cupar via Tayport, Guardbridge and St. Andrews where my nephew stopped off. Lovely, fresh brisk day for it. I am concerned about my Di2 rear mech, it’s not changing as crisply as it usually does.

Edited by statts1976uk

12 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Nice ride out this morning, Dundee to Cupar via Tayport, Guardbridge and St. Andrews where my nephew stopped off. Lovely, fresh brisk day for it. I am concerned about my Di2 rear mech, it’s not changing as crisply as it usually does.

Jealous

Lovely morning but cant manage out today as have other commitments .

Looks like I won’t get much cycling done next week due to weather forecast 

10 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Jealous

Lovely morning but cant manage out today as have other commitments .

Looks like I won’t get much cycling done next week due to weather forecast 

It really was a glorious morning made even better by a nice cup of tea in St. Andrews, maybe they should tear up one of those golf courses and build an outdoor velodrome! 

Saying that though I might even put down to Cluny Clays for a 100 balls down at the driving range later.

Edited by statts1976uk

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

It really was a glorious morning made even better by a nice cup of tea in St. Andrews, maybe they should tear up one of those golf courses and build an outdoor velodrome

Brilliant idea 

They need more cycling facilities in Scotland tbh in order to promote the countries fastest growing sporting activity, which in turn would lead to more guys out on the road.

Personally, I don’t classify golf as a sport , more of an opportunity for middle aged obese guys to show off their latest Pringle and Farah collection 

32 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Brilliant idea 

They need more cycling facilities in Scotland tbh in order to promote the countries fastest growing sporting activity, which in turn would lead to more guys out on the road.

Personally, I don’t classify golf as a sport , more of an opportunity for middle aged obese guys to show off their latest Pringle and Farah collection 

I do enjoy a good game of golf but it’s been a while since I played properly, I let my membership lapse probably about 5 years ago. A lot of guys in their 30’s and 40’s are deserting the course and taking up cycling as the health benefits are greater and are at the stage of life where they can afford the more expensive hobbies.  If my Di2 rear mech is dying then it’s £450 for a new Dura-Ace one.

It’s an enjoyable pastime but as a sport especially an Olympic one then I can’t see it. When guys in the physical state like John Daly and Phil Michelson (who I do admire as a golfer) can win the top prizes then it’s just really a glorified game of darts or snooker and 4 days to complete 4 rounds?

The Fife Cycle Park opens up in May so hopefully that’ll mean more people out on their bikes.

Edited by statts1976uk