Official P&b Cycling Thread

Cycling part of the WHW tomorrow and Sunday on mountain bike with a few mates
Sunday could be I interesting by the looks of the weather forecast 

The Glencoe marathons are on the Sunday. It follows the WHW from the devils staircase to just south of Fort William and the half goes from Kinlochleven.

Might be quite busy in places.

16 minutes ago, ark loyal said:

The Glencoe marathons are on the Sunday. It follows the WHW from the devils staircase to just south of Fort William and the half goes from Kinlochleven.

Might be quite busy in places.

We're cycling south of that 

Kingshouse is as far north as we're going 

Thanks for the heads up though 

On 29/09/2017 at 12:02, Unleash The Nade said:

Cycling part of the WHW tomorrow and Sunday on mountain bike with a few mates

Sunday could be I interesting by the looks of the weather forecast 

Saturday was brilliant 

Today was brutal 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

• 2 weeks later...

A 32-year-old male cyclist has sustained "significant" injuries after being involved in a collision with a bus near Falkirk.

The incident happened at about 19:55 on Tuesday on the A803 Falkirk Road, close to the Scottish Power sub-station.

Police said the man was cycling eastwards when he collided with a First Bus travelling in the same direction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41664799

Strange wording there. Was this cyclist travelling so fast he went into the back of a bus  and got seriously injured or is it more likely the bus collided with him?  A SMIDSY perhaps? 

After picking up a fairly small but still deadly (to my inner tube) piece of glass yesterday, it seems my puncture-resistant tyres are now simply tyres.

Can anyone recommend some new ones? Puncture resistance is essential for my commuting route.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

After picking up a fairly small but still deadly (to my inner tube) piece of glass yesterday, it seems my puncture-resistant tyres are now simply tyres.

Can anyone recommend some new ones? Puncture resistance is essential for my commuting route.

Some people, more expert than I am, will argue that there's no such thing as a puncture-resistant tyre. My Marathon Schwalbes appear to have resisted punctures, however. Downside is they are stiff and difficult to remove - swings and roundabouts.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Go tubeless.

Had real issues with my back tyre (WTB Trail boss) getting pinch flats, had hee haw since converting. It is a Mountain bike but believe you get road conversions as well now.

47 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

I’ve been using gatorskins, they are ok and not had any punctures but I still prefer my old Mavic Yksiums 

I’d recommend Gatorskins too, as they’re as good as you’ll get imo, but no tyres are 100% puncture free

However they’re an absolute nightmare to get back on 

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Some people, more expert than I am, will argue that there's no such thing as a puncture-resistant tyre. My Marathon Schwalbes appear to have resisted punctures, however. Downside is they are stiff and difficult to remove - swings and roundabouts.

That's what I'm using and I've been puncture free for around a year, saying that I get off and lift it over smashed bottles and stuff (if it's bad)