Paul Sturrock F*****g Hates Dundee

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HulltoonPehShop

Gilzean played for the citys strongest ever eleven, Sturrock wouldn't even make the reserves of that team. He is a buffoon. B)

Guest proudtobeanarab

thats your opinion you cant compare both sides because of the time difference ,the style of game pace of game etc ,but my dad and his mates saw the dundee team of the 60s and thay all said that it would be hard to call .if they were so good why did they not win more trophies and reach more cup finals ,maybe because the old firm and other clubs were stronger then than when utd had their best side. this has got nothing to do with what he said and everthing to do with your biased opinion, you dont need to worry with your latest team as none of them could even could even tighten sturrocks studs ;):D

Guest HulltoonPehShop
thats your opinion you cant compare both sides because of the time difference ,the style of game pace of game etc ,but my dad and his mates saw the dundee team of the 60s and thay all said that it would be hard to call .if they were so good why did they not win more trophies and reach more cup finals ,maybe because the old firm and other clubs were stronger then than when utd had their best side. this has got nothing to do with what he said and everthing to do with your biased opinion, you dont need to worry with your latest team as none of them could even could even tighten sturrocks studs ;):D
Next you will be telling me Noel Hunt was as good as Pele, although it is hard to tell as they played in different eras. :lol:

Guest proudtobeanarab
Next you will be telling me Noel Hunt was as good as Pele, although it is hard to tell as they played in different eras. :lol:

no i was just making a pointless comment like yours because you say it was the citys finest team then it was , no thats not how it works ,did you actually see the team your talking about or has it been told to you and passed on to hold the flame for them . ;)

Guest HulltoonPehShop

Bob Crampsey's opinion will do for me, he was probably the foremost authority on Scottish football since the war. He said the 1962 Dundee team was the best footballing team he saw, even better than the 67 Celtic team, Rangers early 60s team, Aberdeen's great team etc. United's team in 83 never got a mention. Nuetrals who saw both teams agree Dundee's team were far better. I was around when Dundee won the league, yes. B)

Guest proudtobeanarab
Bob Crampsey's opinion will do for me, he was probably the foremost authority on Scottish football since the war. He said the 1962 Dundee team was the best footballing team he saw, even better than the 67 Celtic team, Rangers early 60s team, Aberdeen's great team etc. United's team in 83 never got a mention. Nuetrals who saw both teams agree Dundee's team were far better. I was around when Dundee won the league, yes. B)

well thats me told it must be true , oh how you must yearn for them now . it still has nothing to do with sturrock having some banter with united supporters . i say finish this off and worry about tomorrows match ;)

All the over 50's!

The Dens park trophy cabinet is testament to this being the best Scottish side ever!

:P

Speaking of that trophy cabinet, how would you substantiate Mr Crampsey's claim?

Dundee? Taking your best year (1962) as a middle point over a 10 year span;

Dundee FC 1957 - 1967: 1x League winner

Applying the same formula to DUFC;

Dundee Utd 1978 - 1988: 1x League Winner + 2x League Cup Winner

Should I need to get that Celtic team out aswell?

:DBut we have won more majors than the DABS or do you dispute that fact ..............the future aint orange its not even a peachy colour :D

than you for pointing out my mistakes but back to the soccer ,utd may have had that amount at dens ,but i also recall a time when there was over 20,000 arabs at same park and it was a case of spot the blue nose just trying to remember when it was , oh yes 14th may 1983 ,although what this has got to do with what luggy said never mind thanks for the memory. by the way i,m not from monifieth/ferry from carnoustie ;):lol:

Yeah that was kind of my point, the fact that you aren't from Dundee, like the majority of United fans.

PS, can you tell me all about that game? I was only 2 at the time and I am intrigued by it. During the game I was probably getting my arse wiped in my council flat in Menziehill, eating a dead rat whilst my father was off getting drunk prior to attending the game. Is this something to do with FTD '83? Goodness gracious I wondered what that reference was to. Was the mighty Sturrock playing then also? Yes, please send me an e-mail with a full report, including your pre-match routine, songs you played enroute to the game (remember you ARE from snobby Carnoustie, so I assume you had a car c/w a car stereo and an audio tape), where you went pre-match, the line-up, all the non-offensive songs you sang during the game, what the final score was and what this momentous occasion was for, plus any post-match celebrations (or did Mother not let you out after the game?). Thanks in advance.

Guest proudtobeanarab
Yeah that was kind of my point, the fact that you aren't from Dundee, like the majority of United fans.

PS, can you tell me all about that game? I was only 2 at the time and I am intrigued by it. During the game I was probably getting my arse wiped in my council flat in Menziehill, eating a dead rat whilst my father was off getting drunk prior to attending the game. Is this something to do with FTD '83? Goodness gracious I wondered what that reference was to. Was the mighty Sturrock playing then also? Yes, please send me an e-mail with a full report, including your pre-match routine, songs you played enroute to the game (remember you ARE from snobby Carnoustie, so I assume you had a car c/w a car stereo and an audio tape), where you went pre-match, the line-up, all the non-offensive songs you sang during the game, what the final score was and what this momentous occasion was for, plus any post-match celebrations (or did Mother not let you out after the game?). Thanks in advance.

thommohawk sorry to disappoint you ,dundee born and bred ifyou cared to read the item properly it was tongue in cheek a laugh bit of banter ,yes i was at the game and judging by your comment ,you obviously have never seen your team lift any silverware unless of course that was your attempt at banter. ;) B)

thommohawk sorry to disappoint you ,dundee born and bred ifyou cared to read the item properly it was tongue in cheek a laugh bit of banter ,yes i was at the game and judging by your comment ,you obviously have never seen your team lift any silverware unless of course that was your attempt at banter. ;) B)

AH RIIIIGHT, I'll shut up!

Unless you include winning the 1st Division then, no, you have deduced correctly. Right I better start supporting someone else then, Celtic???

no i was just making a pointless comment like yours because you say it was the citys finest team then it was , no thats not how it works ,did you actually see the team your talking about or has it been told to you and passed on to hold the flame for them . ;)

aye the cities finest team, feck if they were so good they sure didnt sustain any sort of success, won the league then had a run of 6th & 9th place finishes, that side only managed to finish above us 5 times out of 10 in the 60's ;)

aye the cities finest team, feck if they were so good they sure didnt sustain any sort of success, won the league then had a run of 6th & 9th place finishes, that side only managed to finish above us 5 times out of 10 in the 60's ;)

Piss off. I can't believe a thread about a stupid fat twat making a predictably moronic comment has descended to this.

The Dundee side that won the league in 61/62 and reached the European Cup semis the following year were, by all accounts, magnificent. The manner in which they reached the semi-final is all the more remarkable. United, to their credit, managed the same achievement in the early 80s. However, it's pretty clear from many acclaimed football historians (and normal punters old enough) that the standard of Scottish football in the 60s was much better than that in the 80s. Thus, the Dundee league winning team is the greatest side this city has ever produced.

End of debate.

So we had the same side for the entire 60's???? Ludicrous post.

Archived