Paul Sturrock F*****g Hates Dundee

Perspective people!

Sturrock was WRONG to say what he said.

Dundee fans (a very small minority) were WRONG to make some of the comments in retaliation.

Wrong + wrong = wrong!

Time to move on.....

An excellent summary of the situation.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea he is haunted by dfc despite scoring more in the derby fixture than anyone else in history and rarely playing on the losing side against them. :rolleyes:

it was a bit of banter with the united fans who remained for 30minutes after full time, is he supposed to say "wish the dee all the best from me, since they were kind enough to sing about my heart attack" :rolleyes:<_<

Generally, banter is a two-way thing.

In all this, I just consider it to be quite sad that there were several United-related things he could have mentioned, but instead decided to prove what we all know: United fans are obsessed with Dundee (which is kind of proven by your username, by the way).

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it; I'm more likely to do that over whether or not my laptop will suddenly spring to life in the middle of the night and devour me.

I still find it great that the term arab is derogatory yet even STV called them it today

United are the Terrors, which is explanatory if you see their fans, and were given this 'nickname' of arabs by us in the 30's when they played on sand, the glorification of the term is beyond me

Not backin up Sturrock but he did nothin wrong, Alex Smith joined in with the Dee's singing songs about utd in his pub last year and ive still got my pic of myself and him wearing the I'll never be an arab scarf.

The saddest thing is this has gone on for 7 pages, leave it there and lets concentrate on more importantr things lads/lasses eh?

You are a tit of the highest order mate,as if kids don't hear worse than that everyday,sturrock is a legend if not before that then he is now

I'm certainly not your 'mate', you fucking p***k. Now f**k off back to whatever scummy dwelling you call home, where children having to witness such foul-mouthed utterings from people they respect are commonplace.

Generally, banter is a two-way thing.

In all this, I just consider it to be quite sad that there were several United-related things he could have mentioned, but instead decided to prove what we all know: United fans are obsessed with Dundee (which is kind of proven by your username, by the way).

exactly what most dee's point is!!!

the last two pages show non dee fans moaning about dundee fans! can everyone stop moaning, f**k me these school holidays have been torture here.

FIRSTLY I DO NOT AND WILL NOT DEFEND THE WAY "SOME" DUNDEE FANS HAVE REACTED TO THIS NONSENSE WAY OVER THE TOP IMHO ........I ALWAYS THOUGHT LUGGY WAS A CNUT AND I STILL THINK HE IS A CNUT SOME THINGS REMAIN CONSTANT IN THIS LIFE......BUT YOU MUST BE VERY STUPID IF YOU DID NOT FORSEE THE REACTION IT WOULD GET ....30% /70%

Is the whole point of this forum and entire website not to generate a response?

Yet more outrage from those sensitive wee souls at Dens Park. Entirely expected considering the Did-Dees once attempted to take Alan Main to court for, wait for it, giving the 'Derry' the finger (hand gesture rather than sex act). Didn't they also try to huckle Neil Lennon and Charlie Miller for similar actions? Quite right, of course - rude signs, swearing? Heavens above, the end is nigh.

Rearrange this sentence: fucking life get a...

Oh, and by the way, I've never heard a United song about Alex Rae's alcohol problem, and the term Arab was coined by the media after a game in the sixties and not by Dundee fans in the 1930s.

So stop talking pish.

Yet more outrage from those sensitive wee souls at Dens Park. Entirely expected considering the Did-Dees once attempted to take Alan Main to court for, wait for it, giving the 'Derry' the finger (hand gesture rather than sex act). Didn't they also try to huckle Neil Lennon and Charlie Miller for similar actions? Quite right, of course - rude signs, swearing? Heavens above, the end is nigh.

Rearrange this sentence: fucking life get a...

Oh, and by the way, I've never heard a United song about Alex Rae's alcohol problem, and the term Arab was coined by the media after a game in the sixties and not by Dundee fans in the 1930s.

So stop talking pish.

I was in the 4 Jays before the Barcelona game and heard United fans singing a song refering to Alex Rae being an alky.

I was in the 4 Jays before the Barcelona game and heard United fans singing a song refering to Alex Rae being an alky.

Aye there is one, never heard it sung at a game but have on a bus one time going to East End Park.

Think its to the tune of "i get knocked down but i get up again" etc, its certainly not a widespread one that everyone knows.

Its definitly not in the same bracket as the Paul Sturrock heart attack song or Eddie till July song.

Aye there is one, never heard it sung at a game but have on a bus one time going to East End Park.

Think its to the tune of "i get knocked down but i get up again" etc, its certainly not a widespread one that everyone knows.

Its definitly not in the same bracket as the Paul Sturrock heart attack song or Eddie till July song.

I have never sung either song, I can't see how people can get on their high horses about something when they aren't perfect themselves.

Of course it's not in the same bracket -- it's United fans who sing it and we all know they're perfect angels :rolleyes:

Alcohol problems can be as bad as death. So to try and claim there's little wrong with it is completely blinkered and your apparent refusal to condemn those who sing it tells its own story about you as a person.

Archived