Flying Ant Day

More hatched out the back yesterday.  About 10 holes erupted with the little shits but they just crawled about.

C26D3412-30BB-4869-A122-878A30701B8F.thumb.jpeg.375cbc82e7e788e7a075a82f251e9414.jpeg

Anyway, boiled up the old kettle and boiled the c***s, swept them away then poured more boiling water down the holes. Went out later and they had appeared to have disappeared. 

Got up this morning went out the back and the stones were covered in dead ants. Fucking bizarre as I’ve no idea where they came from.

37DD24A7-1F97-41B4-BFBB-556A86A748A5.thumb.jpeg.586ad059a67ba423e6a78ab9bf910ae2.jpeg

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

The survivors will have removed dead ants from the nest. Why not just leave them to it? It's only a couple of days a year.

That’s what I was thinking but they must have had a busy night. 

The wee shites are starting to appear in the kitchen so I’m going to have to employ the old Nippon I think.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty sure I encountered a swarm of these arseholes at the top of a hill next to Loch Maree, bigger than midges anyway and tens of thousands of the fuckers swarming around the summit cairn. Fucked if I was hanging around long enough to research it [emoji23]

• 11 months later...
29 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Bump

It's usually about this time of year the buggers appear, usually on a hot day

Forecast is scorchio for Edinburgh next Monday and Tuesday so that could be the time.

Been all quiet here thus far. Expecting the shitebags this weekend.

35 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Bump

It's usually about this time of year the buggers appear, usually on a hot day

Forecast is scorchio for Edinburgh next Monday and Tuesday so that could be the time.

Maybe because the game fizzled out a bit but during the Iceland v Belgium game I noticed the seagulls were feasting on them in large groups above the stadium on Sunday but never saw any ants. 

Maybe the seagulls have won the war and now the ants can no longer compete against their advanced predatory techniques

On 02/08/2019 at 17:47, Melanius Mullarkay said:

More hatched out the back yesterday.  About 10 holes erupted with the little shits but they just crawled about.

C26D3412-30BB-4869-A122-878A30701B8F.thumb.jpeg.375cbc82e7e788e7a075a82f251e9414.jpeg

Anyway, boiled up the old kettle and boiled the c***s, swept them away then poured more boiling water down the holes. Went out later and they had appeared to have disappeared. 

Got up this morning went out the back and the stones were covered in dead ants. Fucking bizarre as I’ve no idea where they came from.

37DD24A7-1F97-41B4-BFBB-556A86A748A5.thumb.jpeg.586ad059a67ba423e6a78ab9bf910ae2.jpeg

Adam Ant would fucking smash you.