Foriegn Players That Played For Your Club

CK

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good one: Robbie Raeside (South African)

The dodgy ones:

Lamine Camara (Senegal)

Baldur Bett (he was born in Reykjavik, if I remember correctly)

Ali Abdoua (French trialist)

I can't think of any others!

Guest Guinness_Alan
Have to agree with most of that Al.

Tommi Paavola did ok even though he only played about 3 games.Wonder where Rolling ended up?Last i heard he was at Wycombe.

Alain Horace was an excellent French Midfielder as well until he done his knee.

So many of the others were diddies though(Kelechi Okori :ph34r: ,Jose Fortes,Bruce Murray,Claudio Valleta :angry: Marco Ciardi :blink: )

How could I have forgotten Alain Horace?!?! :rolleyes: He was ace!

As for the rest, you forgot to mention Regis Gorgues. Another one of Stainrod's numpties! :angry:

On the good side I should include Graeme Brown as he was born in South Africa. B)

Oh that reminds me, Martin Prest was decent enough, although Cooper wouldn't play him. And that tiny crappy Spanish keeper. He was horrible.

Wasn't that Ramiro Gonzalez? :hatty

1. Soren Andersen

2. Nacho Novo

3. Sasha Opinel (not for his skills though)

4. J-P Javary (See 3.)

5. Jimmy Nicholl ;)

The foreign diddy's list would go on and on :P

The only foreigner I can ever recall playing for us was a young Canadian called Jeff McLean around 6 or 7 seasons ago. He was okay but not good enough to get a regular game back then and we were rubbish then. He went on to play for one of the League of Wales sides in the UEFA Cup.

We also had Denis Boyle who had dual nationality between Northern and Southern Ireland. I think he represented Northern Ireland at schoolboy football though so I guess he doesn't count as foreign.

Alex Nesovic was of Serbian parentage but was himself born in Bradford.

Paddy Atkinson was actually born in Singapore but was English to all intents and purposes.

1. Ivo Den Bieman - IVO ! IVO ! IVO !!

2. Russell Latapy

3. Dragutin Ristic - Mouzer !

....we've not had that many good foreigners ! ;)

How could i forget Ivo! :huh:

I suppose if some of the Clyde fans are counting Kernaghan, we could just as easily count the Irish international Owen Coyle.

Fabien Bossy was class. Made a couple of mistakes, but did not bad IMO. I wonder what happened to that move to Celtic though, maybe Lesley can inform us :lol::lol::lol:

I fail to find that funny.

The guy was a disaster.

Clyde-kid, your names are all far too recent, try looking back to the 40s when we had class foreigners.

Archived