Foriegn Players That Played For Your Club

CK

rafaelle de gregorio - i saw him playing last year when scotland were playing new zealand at tyncastle. he came on as a sub

fredi boniface - apparently he wanted a girlfriend and a car so he left after 8 games.

sammy kola - a hard tackling defender/midfielder who got taken off before he got sent off in the challange cup game against thistle

fabien bossy - a great player :blink: ok then a good player :blink: ok then not so good. whatever happened to him

simon mensing - he was born in germany, does that count

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dragustin Ristic - Moustachioed legend

Collin Samuel - Purely for the Hearts game.

Russel Latapy - The wee man is a magician with the ball and his pre-match preparation is second to none :P

Can't think of anymore that would warrant being in a top 5 of the top off my head. I'm sure some of the more encyclopaedic Bairns out there will remember the ones i've forgotten. There's no way i'm putting players like Iorfa, that Italian boy who played one game, Fellner etc anywhere near the list. Perhaps if Rahim has a good season he might get near the list but not yet.

Gunni Torfasson

Thomas Stickroft

Ludovic Roy

Junior Mendes - Archie MacPherson said he was Portugueuse :P

Mixu :lol:

Probably folk I've missed but not aware of, however Pishlack, Renfurm and MisterWreh won't be making an appearance.

Dragustin Ristic - Moustachioed legend

Collin Samuel - Purely for the Hearts game.

Russel Latapy - The wee man is a magician with the ball and his pre-match preparation is second to none :P

Can't think of anymore that would warrant being in a top 5 of the top off my head. I'm sure some of the more encyclopaedic Bairns out there will remember the ones i've forgotten. There's no way i'm putting players like Iorfa, that Italian boy who played one game, Fellner etc anywhere near the list. Perhaps if Rahim has a good season he might get near the list but not yet.

you could also add opongo, tano, avidju, xausa to the list of diddies.

Fellner to be fair had a good goal scoring ratio and made an appearance in the cup run so would be harsh to class him alongside iorfa and demassis.

dariusz dwozdcsek (sp? the guy that played for celtic?) turned out in a friendly for us once i think.

1) Arnold Dwarika: T&T superstar, led East Fife into the 1st division and won Carribean player of the Year in 95/96, beating off the likes of Dwight Yoke and, eh....Dwight Yorke.

2) Craig Demmin: Another T&Ter, who played at the same time as Arnold. Huge central defender, wouldn't mess with him.

3) Gordon Gilbert: South African, not the best player in the world but helped us get promoted a couple of years ago.

4) Steve 'Spider' Ramsey: South African too. Not a great player, my best Spider memeory was him going nuts and being sent off at Bayview, playing for Beriwck in a crucial game.

5) Alvaro Tejero: A Spaniard who only played one game for us. He was pish poor and then, surprise, surprise, signed for Raith.

Guest Guinness_Alan

We've had some good (and some not so good) foreign goalies.

In the good category we have:-

Ludovic Roy (French)

David Castilla (French)

Kristian Finboggason (Icelandic)

We also had Tomas Gill, who played in goal for Norway when they beat Brazil 4-2, and then seemed to forget all his goalkeeping skills when he signed for us!

The best foreign outfield player we had IMO was Franck Rolling, a superb centre half.

If I remember any more good foreigners I'll post again. I'm still trying to forget the years when Stainrod and Dalziel used about 50 players each, many of them totally useless foreigners!

Gunni Torfasson

Thomas Stickroft

Ludovic Roy

Junior Mendes - Archie MacPherson said he was Portugueuse :P

Mixu :lol:

Probably folk I've missed but not aware of, however Pishlack, Renfurm and MisterWreh won't be making an appearance.

You forgot Victor Munoz, former captain of the Spanish national side :rolleyes:

You forgot Victor Munoz, former captain of the Spanish national side :rolleyes:

Knew there would be someone I forgot. I would use the excuse of being about seven at the time, but I've got Gunni and Stickroth down and they were there at the same time :unsure:

He can replace either Junior or Mixu :lol:

Frank Escalone

Franck Escalon - was fecking class. One of my favourite all time County players, in teh season we won the Third Divsion him and Alex taylor ran the show from midfield. Totally dominating in two games against Premier League opposition.

Karim Boukraa - enigmatic Frenchman with bundles of skill, could do things with the ball David Hannh can't even do playing FIFA!

Err, the rest hmm, a Top 5 you say, err...

Cederic Anselin - used to play for Bordeaux, played a few times.

Hmm... are they anymore?

Zanahini-Oni - Played once.

Kevin Richards - Was on Trial.

Woohoo named 5 foreigners, but only two are worth a mention.

Five foriengers who played for ICT...

Davide Xausa (Canadian) - Actually not bad in his time with us, but only interested in a move away. Was also a lazy cvnt.

Richard Hastings (Canadian) - A decent enough player (although one footed to a frightening degree) who pretty much burnt his bridges with his move over the bridge. If he is exceptional this season he may be fogiven.

Vetle Anderson (Norwegian) - Possibly our worst player ever :lol: 'Famed' for being hooked by Pele after he did keepy ups when we were 8-1 up against Annan.

Juanjo (Spanish) - Could be important for us this season. I have my doubts <_<

Er, um, eh... does Marco De Barros count? :lol:

Technically young Conor is foreign. That will do for me, I have deleted Richards. Stranhe how I remembered Anselin and Zanahini-Oni (or whatever he was called) but forgot about Hastings!

We've had some good (and some not so good) foreign goalies.

In the good category we have:-

Ludovic Roy (French)

David Castilla (French)

Kristian Finboggason (Icelandic)

The best foreign outfield player we had IMO was Franck Rolling, a superb centre half.

Have to agree with most of that Al.

Tommi Paavola did ok even though he only played about 3 games.Wonder where Rolling ended up?Last i heard he was at Wycombe.

Alain Horace was an excellent French Midfielder as well until he done his knee.

So many of the others were diddies though(Kelechi Okori :ph34r: ,Jose Fortes,Bruce Murray,Claudio Valleta :angry: Marco Ciardi :blink: )

1. Sergei Baltacha - Saints shocked Scottish football when they pulled off this coup in 1990. 283 appearances for Dynamo Kiev, a chunk of which as captain. Won a European Cup Winners Cup medal in 1986 when Kiev beat Athletico Madrid 3-0. Played over 100 times for USSR in all competitions including two World Cups and only two years before joining Saints was in the USSR that were runners-up to Holland in Euro '88. Played nearly 100 games for Saints, scoring once against Dunfermline.

2. Nick Dasovic - Signed from Trellbourg under freedom of contract, Dazza went on to become a pivotal part in Saints rise to prominence. His cultured play in the defensive midfield role saw Saints romp the First Division and then have a goals conceded record to match even Rangers and Celtic as we finished 5th, 3rd, 5th in the SPL. Received the Sponsors Man of the Match Award despite defeat against Rangers in the 1998 League Cup Final, where he scored our goal.

Will get back to you with the others as the obvious three are all mercenary b'stards!  :D

The two you've stated are obvious

Attilla Sekerlioglu

Alan Kernaghan - Ireland is a foreign Country.

Momo Sylla -. I don't care if he's a mercenary, he score a 25-yard winner against the ****.

Vidar Riseth - for the cross that setup McAnespie's winner. Oh sorry, he was playing for Celtic :lol:

Archived