Times Article On Glasgow East

Bloobell

To be fair it was me who said you should come and it was because you were being unintentionally funny. :P

Why didnt you appear anyway? It was a good day out.

My humour was totally intentional I assure you.

You had to be over 18 to go.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

read the first four pages then skipped to the end. Is it worth going over the rest?

There is something about things that Gill has written in the past that suggests that he has had booze problems in his past - that will spin it out for another five or six pages hopefully......

Oh, slightly unconnected and totally useless info, but one of the candidates used to work in king tuts.

I think it's a sad but very accurate article. It could just as easily have been written about Airdrie, a place where I have grown up. To say the people don't look good in areas such as Airdrie and Shettleston is generally pretty accurate in my opinion.

People in these areas suffer more from alcohol abuse, smoking and poor diets, it might not be something I can prove but I'm quite sure the people in Bearsden could generally be regarded as better looking than the people in Airdrie. It might sound snobbish but it's my opinion.

Don't worry, as long as you aren't English and write for a middle-class newspaper then it'll be fine.

Soem people have difficulties facing the truth IMO.

Supras just has difficulties. :lol:

Guest The Ghost of Ron Burgundy

anyone catch that vile stunt by Solidarity..dragging that poor dense woman fae Easterhouse to bleat on about air rifles again....truly disgusting.

Guest The Ghost of Ron Burgundy
The biggest problem here in the East end just now is that fucking SNP car driving about with the tit and his megaphone shouting all sorts of shite. Almost as bad as the Orange Walks.

we used to love election time when we were young....target practice on the cars......even once the poor santa fae the round table in the dodgy sleigh/trailer thing.

Get yourself armed and pelt them with stuff...it's all part of the political game.

we used to love election time when we were young....target practice on the cars......even once the poor santa fae the round table in the dodgy sleigh/trailer thing.

Get yourself armed and pelt them with stuff...it's all part of the political game.

We had one of those door-to-door campaigners for the SNP round the other day knocking on doors in the close. I was actually on my way out at the time, so I missed her, but I did see her lifting a load of the leaflets that a Labour campaigner had left on the stairs and binning them. If I thought I could start a bitch fight, I'd go off and tell Curran what I saw.

We're on the top floor as well, so I reckon a couple of supersoakers, a few water bombs and possibly some eggs and flour could be just the thing.

Why when everyone of those arseholes say they care about the environment and peoples privacy have they turned an area of the amazon rain forest the size of wales into junk mail and dumped it through my letterbox and then when I wade through that to answer the phone its one of the fuckers wanting to know if I'll vote for them.

Incidently I am well tanned (Just back from Greece), work as I have done since I left school, don't smoke drink in moderation and passed the medical (that all us Eastenders over a certain age have been asked to take) with flying colours. This is the norm for people round here, but I realise if I want to get a true picture of the East End I should drive down Shettleston road and observe the people that stand outside the pubs smoking during the day, they're bound to be a picture of health :rolleyes:

Why when everyone of those arseholes say they care about the environment and peoples privacy have they turned an area of the amazon rain forest the size of wales into junk mail and dumped it through my letterbox and then when I wade through that to answer the phone its one of the fuckers wanting to know if I'll vote for them.

Yup, neither the SNP or Labour are particularly organised and both seem to be duplicating effort. Our street has had three leaflet drops from Labour and two from the SNP, yet it's the same fliers each time. Both those parties and the Tories have sent at least two letters each as well, again with the same old fliers included. Are they trying to beat us into submission to read this stuff?

That said, I suppose we should be thankful we've only been door-stepped once. My wife opened the door to Labour at the weekend and the chap asked on a scale of 1 to 5 how likely she was to vote for Margaret Curran. He didn't find the answer of -3 particularly amusing and stomped off to annoy the neighbours :D

We had one of those door-to-door campaigners for the SNP round the other day knocking on doors in the close. I was actually on my way out at the time, so I missed her, but I did see her lifting a load of the leaflets that a Labour campaigner had left on the stairs and binning them. If I thought I could start a bitch fight, I'd go off and tell Curran what I saw.

We're on the top floor as well, so I reckon a couple of supersoakers, a few water bombs and possibly some eggs and flour could be just the thing.

The SNP, tidying up Scottish Labours mess since 2007

Don't worry, as long as you aren't English and write for a middle-class newspaper then it'll be fine.

Soem people have difficulties facing the truth IMO.

Supras just has difficulties. :lol:

AA Gill is Scottish. The AAs stand for Adrian and Anthony, i.e. Hadrian's Wall and the Antonine Wall.

In any case he's right - people all over Scotland look unhealthy.

• 5 months later...
My humour was totally intentional I assure you.

You had to be over 18 to go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just discovered this thread, and it really does deserve a wee bump.

In the history of this site, has anyone EVER come close to Superass for sheer, unbelievable stupidity?

In the history of this site, has anyone EVER come close to Superass for sheer, unbelievable stupidity?

Just wait for the Beckham thread to get here - there's some classics in that one too :D

• 4 months later...

Archived