Times Article On Glasgow East

Bloobell

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ghost of Ron Burgundy

:lol::lol:

shellsuits and faces like melted candles.

these people may hold the key to all our futures.....democracy :lol: :lol: :lol:

The bits about the pebble dashing and the men looking like the women are brilyint :lol::lol::lol:

Should these people get a vote?

No they shouldn't get a vote. They should be utterly cut off from our esteemed society - possibly placed in large extended pits, akin to a large zoo or safari park. Then all the haves can take a day trip to see the have nots, tut at their squalor and sad plight, before heading off home in their BMW's and Audi's safe in the knowledge that only they have the vote that keeps them snuggly in their cosy world a million miles away from the poor unfortunates of the article.

Bloobell, you truly surpass yourself today.

What a fucking tool.

The bits about the pebble dashing and the men looking like the women are brilyint :lol::lol::lol:

Should these people get a vote?

I don't find this 'brilyint' in the slightest. I find it quite worrying and distressing. Probably the last thing in this country anyone should be poking fun at. This situation needs help, not knob ends like you sitting on your (probably fat) arse laughing at it.

I noticed it was written by AA Gill and, before I had read a word, thought that I was going to go on a rant about some small-minded east-coast ponce gleefully taking the opportunity to take a pop at the denizens of my home city. I'm not. What he says is 100% accurate and the way in which he descibes people - 'faces like melted candle wax', etc. - isn't amusing, it's quite sad because it's true.

It's no surprise that a poster such as Bloobell only scratches the surface of the article - deliberately or not - and I can see it reafirming the stereotypical Glaswegian in the minds of many, but it's a cutting piece on how Labour are failing the very people that formed the backbone of the party's supporters and who, in the rush to gain the votes of the floating voters and middle classes, the party has turned its back on.

Does Bloobell know many of his fellow fans come from Glasgow's east end?

And that should influence my thinking how exactly???

Nizzy - at last someone who sees the article for what it is but as ever most people are so quick to dive into apologist mode they can't see it

Nizzy - at last someone who sees the article for what it is but as ever most people are so quick to dive into apologist mode they can't see it

I read the article for what it is. My point was that, judging by your initial post, you didn't appear to.

Yes because "The bits about the pebble dashing and the men looking like the women are brilyint" clearly shows that you have a fucking clue. As does the " :lol: :lol: :lol:"

<_<

I read the article for what it is. My point was that, judging by your initial post, you didn't appear to.

My initial post only said "The bits about the pebble dashing and the men looking like the women are brilyint"

I'm struggling to see where I made a point in there :huh:

The article is the journalists opinion of the constituency - and outsider looking in. Who can blame him either? He has pretty accurately described the apathy in the area towards politics. Anywhere else in the UK right now you would expect Labour to lose their seat. It's a by-election and the government has the lowest approval rating of all time, yet in Glasgow East I honestly believe Labour will win this one. Labour could nuke the area and committ mass genocide and they'd still win.

There's a lot of truth in the article but a lot of it is pretty damn offensive to the people of that constituency. If the article had been written about an area predominantly of immigrants, it would have been branded as racist.

Yes because "The bits about the pebble dashing and the men looking like the women are brilyint" clearly shows that you have a fucking clue. As does the " :lol::lol::lol: "

<_<

No my friend, it shows that YOU don't have a clue cos like it or not the article paints a very disturbing but accurate picture of Glasgow East

Why so touchy, have you been pebble dashing today :P

My initial post only said "The bits about the pebble dashing and the men looking like the women are brilyint"

I'm struggling to see where I made a point in there :huh:

I don't know why I'm wasting my time, but didn't you also compose the title of the link provided, which suggested 'these people' should be disenfranchised?

There's a lot of truth in the article but a lot of it is pretty damn offensive to the people of that constituency. If the article had been written about an area predominantly of immigrants, it would have been branded as racist.

Most of them pretend to be Oirish anyway :ph34r:

I don't know why I'm wasting my time, but didn't you also compose the title of the link provided, which suggested 'these people' should be disenfranchised?

Yes I did but you appear to have missed the question mark, and also indeed the point

Not the brightest, are you?

Well written it may be, but that article is a pile of judgemental nonsense.

Anyone could spend an hour walking around Shettleston and come to the conclusions Gill has, but the constituency as a whole is a disparate place. Had Gill spent some time in Tollcross or Mount Vernon, he may have formed a different opinion, albeit one that doen't provoke controversy.

Archived