Jehovah's Witnesses

Swampy

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I’ve got Brethren next door. @paranoid android Might know their place in Mayfield. Believe it or not they’ve been there for over 20 years but I’ve never had a serious discussion with them although we do all the neighbourly things like cut the hedge together, borrow tools, leave keys when we’re on holiday so the plants get watered etc. I don’t think they knock doors. They give us a calendar every year and invite us to a talk at their church which we politely decline. They see my missus as a weak point as she had a calvinist upbringing in the Western Isles, but they steer clear of me a bit :lol:

I think the Kingdom Hall that was in Easthouses is now a mosque?

Where is the Kingdom Hall in Mayfeild? Cannae quite place it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, paranoid android said:

I think the Kingdom Hall that was in Easthouses is now a mosque?

Stone Place I think. But it's called the gospel hall.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Nope. They go to a hall across from where Dicks Garage used to be.

Both the Dalkeith lot and Mayfield lot share the same hall.

I worked with a laddie who was JW, he was happy enough with his lot until he reached 18 or so. 

Having seen that the rest of the world was having a fuckfest and he hadn't even touched the fur coat, he decided to ask them to cut him some loose, to indulge. 

He approached the top table with his ammo and his plan for the future. 

They cut him some loose alright, banished from anything to do with the cult, no parents, no friends, Goodbye. 

He fucked off to Oz, probably fucking the dirty who liked a swally from earlier in the thread. 

Camdean is the worst Primary school in Rosyth.

Also, one time whilst I stayed in Aberdeen some random (yet attractive) girl started talking to me on the bus one day and offered her number. I met up a week later to be confronted by her and 3 pals, all JWs. They wanted to say a prayer for me and gave me a wee book.

I kept trying to steer the conversation to about them instead of random stuff in my life, it was like they were gathering information on me so after about 20 minutes I made my excuses and fucked off. (this was in Union Terrace gardens).

I got texts for about a year asking me if I wanted to come along or just that god wished me a beautiful day or some shit. It took weeks of replying with horrible, horrible stuff back to them for then to leave me alone.

16 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I’ve got Brethren next door. @paranoid android Might know their place in Mayfield. 

9 hours ago, paranoid android said:

9 hours ago, The Mantis said:

4 hours ago, scotfree said:

Nope. They go to a hall across from where Dicks Garage used to be.

Both the Dalkeith lot and Mayfield lot share the same hall.

Sorry, we’re getting all mixed up. I was talking about the brethren.

49 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

So, what's the deal with The Brethren, then? 

Nae idea except my neighbours go a lot. They seem to go umpteen times on a Sunday and some nights. They have a really corny website which has had 194 visits Here

I get mixed up between the Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists and the Brethren. Not sure if they're all different but I'd like to know which gives me the best odds of getting into heaven. 

18 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Nae idea except my neighbours go a lot. They seem to go umpteen times on a Sunday and some nights. They have a really corny website which has had 194 visits https://www.gospelhallmayfield.org.uk/

You're not going to heaven, pack an ice pack asap.

Sorry, the website here cannot be found.

Archived