Jehovah's Witnesses

Swampy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something along the road from me called the Plymouth brethren, don't know anything about them but I think they're basically Jehovah's again

when any of these types (and also home improvement door to door sales types) come to my door here I resort to strong Doric accent (learnt from my grandmother) and they assume I canna spik English and just go away!

Not religious myself, but I have encountered these folks, really nice friendly people. When the Clutha incident happened they self funded supplies and manned a tea stall for rescue workers etc for 3 days, 24hrs straight cooking food and generally were really decent, didn't ask for donations the way that the Sally Army do (however we did organise a donation through the federation).

Sake, Telling us they're really nice, this means i can't act like a c**t if they chap my door.

Chinese guy I work with was visited by them a couple of years back. He invited them in as he wanted to speak to them to improve his English.

After 2 visits they told him to f**k off and they never came back.

So the answer is just pretend to be Chinese.

post-12982-0-81645300-1405375426.jpg

remind me how that one turned out for Ted again.....

There were 2 at the door earlier.The Mrs shouted for me to answer the door even although I was upstairs.Ended up with with the Mrs sneaking upstairs despite them hearing the TV.....me I watched from the bedroom window till they went away. :)

She never thought that she would be louder than the TV before legging it?

Archived