Jehovah's Witnesses

Swampy

I remember working at Tesco when they used McDiarmid, and they always came in smiling, looked at your badge and starting using your name in conversation as if they were your best mate. Worst was the twelve year old boys in ill fitting suits trying to banter with you while you're still hungover.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always do what I have done.

Just say, f**k off!

Works every time.

It wasn't a Jehovahs Witness but years ago I had some boy at the door trying to sell me God, when he wouldn't take my initial "I'm not interested" at face value I thought I'd have a bit of fun with the clown. He started his speil and part of it was about God and the angels being sexless so I pointed out that if that was the case where did God get the idea for 2 sexes, surely we could all be hermaphrodites. I was told that Adam needed a mate etc so God created women, this whole Adam and Eve/Adam and hermaphrodite Steve thing went on for quite a while until he spat his dummy out and told me that we would have to agree to disagree and he pissed off. I had the time and the inclination to carry on with it, it must have been about half an hour I had him stood at my front door, but it was worth it just to see him strop off. I also explained a few other things to him as well but he didn't seem too willing to listen :lol:

They are good people. They only go door to door because they truly believe that the message they have is worth sharing. And no I'm not one but I do know a few. Some of them find It very hard to go door chapping but do it because they believe in what is involved.

This.

It has the same impact as telling home improvement cold callers that you are a tenant.

You could also ask if their faith accommodates beastiality.

His wife told me that he once seen them walking up the street, went to his room got a celtic top and his cross necklace and answered the door just to see there reaction

Was about to start a thread about Jehovah's Witnesses, but found this one.

One of their Kingdom Halls is right next door to me, and it's pretty much packed three or four times a week.

What are their beliefs, etc?

Any Jehovah's Witnesses on here care to share? I promise not to mock - I'm genuinely interested.

In Dalkeith or Easthouses mate?

I think it's a form of madness.

As my old granny once said : They're more to be pitied than scolded.

I agree you have to be a bit of a mentalist to go around knocking on doors to sell your God to people along with a handy pamphlet that helps detail all the ways in which you deserve to go to hell.

I happen to know a woman whose parents are JWs and so as a child she was forced to go around knocking doors to talk to people. All she really remembers about it is the disabling cringe at the times a school friend would answer the door.

Not religiously themed, but answering the door with shorts and an obvious erection seems to do the trick, as I discovered when rudely interrupted one Sunday afternoon.

I've never had a Betterware catalogue since.

fancy disturbing you in the middle of "Little House on the Prairie", did they have no shame...

Archived