Jehovah's Witnesses

Swampy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 years later...

Was about to start a thread about Jehovah's Witnesses, but found this one.

One of their Kingdom Halls is right next door to me, and it's pretty much packed three or four times a week.

What are their beliefs, etc?

Any Jehovah's Witnesses on here care to share? I promise not to mock - I'm genuinely interested.

So, they believe in heaven, but only 144,000 people can get into heaven - is that right?

"According to the 2014 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, as of August 2013, the organization reports worldwide membership of over 7.9 million adherents involved in evangelism, convention attendance of over 14 million, and annual Memorial attendance of over 19.2 million."

well, if true, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

People who devote their life to this solely to get to the few heaven places ahead of others, letting people die over the transfusions in order to do it? Yeah, genuinely nice, selfless folk looking to help others these.

Would be a great laugh though if it turned out that their 144,000 capacity heaven was actually just that giant stadium in North Korea (with 6000 seats reserved for Kim Jong, his best buddies and of course the entire JW management team).

An uncle of mine was married to one for some reason. Horrible woman and barking mad. Thought church steeples were representations of Satan's penis among other things. Her son married a disabled woman and she disowned him. Probably the only good thing she ever did for him.

When I saw this thread revived after 6 years I thought it was the OP on to say he finally got them to leave.

It's only been 6 years. He's probably still hopping from one foot to the other saying "Look, I really need to be getting along. "

A guy I worked with was catholic, and he told me saying that was a brilliant way to get rid of them as they hated Catholics.

I think he got Jehovah's and Protestants mixed up

A guy I worked with was catholic, and he told me saying that was a brilliant way to get rid of them as they hated Catholics.

No, it's true.... They will run a mile if you mention the word catholic.

This.

It has the same impact as telling home improvement cold callers that you are a tenant.

You could also ask if their faith accommodates beastiality.

Archived