Independence For Scotland

Scotlands future.  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Care to elaborate? We're fucked if we go it alone. The fact we spend £30 billion expenditure and have a £12b from oil and not enough industry to cope with the rest puts an end to the idea we are strong enough.

But we've got the whisky money! Don't forget the whisky money ;)

Scotland could become a backward 3rd World country if we went it alone

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we'd quite turn into a third world country like some make out, but I don't think things would be cushty either. I think we would be worse off personally, So thats why I'm in favour of staying in the union.

The SNP are deluded, egotistical twats and I'd sooner vote for the BNP than them. I have no time for either of those two parties.

Care to elaborate? We're fucked if we go it alone. The fact we spend £30 billion expenditure and have a £12b from oil and not enough industry to cope with the rest puts an end to the idea we are strong enough.

So basically, what you're saying is Scotland is a parasite of a country, feeding off it's larger more successful neighbour.

Surely, that's a poor state of affairs.

But we've got the whisky money! Don't forget the whisky money ;)

Scotland could become a backward 3rd World country if we went it alone

Another parasite! They're everywhere!

Guest Raithsaltire

Remember the Tories? When they knock Labour off the perch at Westminster, we will be governed by the Eton brigade again. I'd much rather we were self governed by a Scottish government putting Scottish issues top of every agenda. Not the Eton brigade who only pander to the middle and upper classes. To them, Scotland is a place called 'North Britain'. Therefore......Scotland first or the South of England first? Tories or Independance?

Guest Ron Burgundy
I don't see what the problem with the Tories is, we've already got the Tartan Tories in power up here, so what difference will it make? :rolleyes:

yip they would soon dump their recently aqquired west coast lefty pals once they got what they want.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Without a doubt - I'd vote independance. For my future and my little boys future, this is an important decision. But Indepedance is the only way we will grow strongly as a nation. All you need to do is look at the growing confidence in our Scottish Government and the great job they're doing just now. Once we're independant we'll become a bigger and better nation and will be able to contribute more to Europe than we do currently.

If Ireland can do, why can't we? Albeit I'd prefer to remain part of the commonwealth and have the Queen as head of State.

ireland was a basket case for 70 years until it joined a union which helped it flourish :lol::lol::lol:

Remember the Tories? When they knock Labour off the perch at Westminster, we will be governed by the Eton brigade again. I'd much rather we were self governed by a Scottish government putting Scottish issues top of every agenda. Not the Eton brigade who only pander to the middle and upper classes. To them, Scotland is a place called 'North Britain'. Therefore......Scotland first or the South of England first? Tories or Independance?

I think you have hit the nail on the head

Within the next 2 years the English Nationalist party (Tories) will gain power in England and if the SNP then hold a referendum then they will be sure to win

They may as well call the referendum now and get it over with. We won't vote for independence anyway. Not a hope in hell of it happening.

Aye, but The Gray Ghost can't help but wonder what might happen if the Tories come to power in Englandshire, spend a couple years winding up the population, and then hold a referendum of their own regarding our status...that would be interesting! :D

To be honest I think if a refarendum the SNP will win. Despite what Ron might tell you they have not put a major foot wrong and have been fairly sucessful in getting the Scottish people to warm to them. I voted to stay the same as we are now, not too keen on the tories but seeing as I was only 7 when they lost power I am not unsure as to what living under a torie government would be like. Raithsaltire pointed out theat the 'Eton Brigade' rule supreme in westminster, well I pose you the question would the Scottish Parliament be full of former pupils of our independant schools? Westminster is very To-me To-you system. Labour and the Tories take turns in running the country, would the SNP and Labour do the same in an independant Scotland? In all honesty I would not be bothered if Scotland did become independant, and would not be bothered living in the UK for the rest of my life. Things would change, but would they all be good!? Are they changes we perticularly want?!

Bit of a ramble there.

Guest Ron Burgundy

Even the basking shark knows that the day before she followed my advice to raise fatty a referendum now, Tom Farmer made it abundantly clear he would withdraw funding to the SNP if they proceeded with their immediate and complete withdrawal from the union.(well thats what I read into it) I imagine to get all that money he is smarter than the average bear and many more of Salmond's rich friends will join the arms length treatment of the smug one over the next few weeks.

No rich pals...no funding...no party.

Aye, but The Gray Ghost can't help but wonder what might happen if the Tories come to power in Englandshire, spend a couple years winding up the population, and then hold a referendum of their own regarding our status...that would be interesting! :D

The Scots have their own parliament now. I don't think the impact of a Tory government at Westminster will be anything like the radical Thatcher one of the 80's that ruffled the left wing populace up here.

There are elements within the Tory party that would happily break free from the union. But the bulk of the party is fully behind it.

Personally I couldn't give a f**k one way or another. I'll still have to pay tax to a bunch of wasters.

Archived