Independence For Scotland

Scotlands future.  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Independence everyday of the week, who cares if we are completely fucked, we'll be completely fucked on our own and not relying on England. :)

Thats reassuring.

I don't think Westminster can just say "Well you don't have the Council Tax anymore, so you're not getting any money" Perhaps i'm wrong but that seems like a pretty illegal thing to do.

I voted for independence simply because I hate people who want to keepthe Union just so they can stay rich.

Fair point however other small countrys manage quite well.And the revenue from our Whiskey exports and dare i say it Oil would go a long way towards helping.

Oil will not keep us going financially. It's a very short term measure.

Yes other small countries manage, but what was their tax levels before and after indepedence? The fact that London, keeps us going just now, would have to be met by ourselves. I can't remember the statistic but I think that Scotland receives 4 or 5 times more money per head of population than the rest of the UK. That would have to be met by us to keep public spending as it is, or at least on a par

The fact that London, keeps us going just now, would have to be met by ourselves. I can't remember the statistic but I think that Scotland receives 4 or 5 times more money per head of population than the rest of the UK. That would have to be met by us to keep public spending as it is, or at least on a par

In simple terms, public spending per head of population is higher in Scotland than it is in England. However, public spending is higher in London than it is anywhere else in the UK.

Even with the figures that unionists churn out to "prove" that Scotland is subsidised by England, there is still a stronger case to be made that London is subsidised by Scotland.

Interesting that your memory took the figures - which average at about a fifth more spending in Scotland - and turned it into "4 or 5 times more".

I voted for 'keep things as they are'

Things are pretty good for us as a country right now. Why change anything?

I asked one of my friends why they wanted to be independant and the only reason he could come out with was that he hated England. What a stupid w**k.

In simple terms, public spending per head of population is higher in Scotland than it is in England. However, public spending is higher in London than it is anywhere else in the UK.

Even with the figures that unionists churn out to "prove" that Scotland is subsidised by England, there is still a stronger case to be made that London is subsidised by Scotland.

Interesting that your memory took the figures - which average at about a fifth more spending in Scotland - and turned it into "4 or 5 times more".

I said I couldn't remember the statistic, and 80% of statistics are made up anyway so I just went with what I thought ;):P

Guest Peter Henry Davidson

I am happy as things are.

The main reason I dont want Independence is Salmon wants to change to the Euro claiming we'd be better off <_<

I don't think Westminster can just say "Well you don't have the Council Tax anymore, so you're not getting any money" Perhaps i'm wrong but that seems like a pretty illegal thing to do.

I voted for independence simply because I hate people who want to keepthe Union just so they can stay rich.

Why? Its the essence of capitalism! Or are you one of these skinny teenagers who runs about wearing a che guevara t-shirt banging on about revolutions? One of the things i can't stand seeing, people wearing products with Guevara on them yet they are more than happy to wear nike trainers etc. <_<

I voted for the status quo simply so I can 'stay rich' :lol:

Seriously though, is there any real need for independance?

Independence please. We are a strong enough country to go it alone without the help of our London friends.

Care to elaborate? We're fucked if we go it alone. The fact we spend £30 billion expenditure and have a £12b from oil and not enough industry to cope with the rest puts an end to the idea we are strong enough.

Archived