Independence For Scotland

Scotlands future.  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No taxation will cease...we shall eat cake.

Taxation will remain the same however we wont have the £5000 a year tax bill as said by Labour "experts".

Im of course talking about Scotland not the "Democratic Island Republic of Burgundy" :P

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Burgundy
Taxation will remain the same however we wont have the £5000 a year tax bill as said by Labour "experts".

Im of course talking about Scotland not the "Democratic Island Republic of Burgundy" :P

Did someone actually say that ?

It's an archipelago republic actually encompasing orkney and shetland...the best wee islands in the world..probbaly.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Sorry not got time to read through everything, but very impressed with the current poll.

However anyone watching Newsnight Scotland last night (available on BBC iplayer) will be hardpushed to imagine how Scotland will not be independent by 2011.

Salmond is a master, his SNP colleagues have shown themselves to be very able. Where as Labour are becoming a total farce!

I did it with apparent ease......

Salmond is a pied piper and you are one of the many rats dancing to his scottish jig.

This fucking braveheart generation is becoming ever so tiresome.

Worse than that, the fucking braveheart generalisation is becoming even more tiresome.

The winner in the tiresome stakes belongs to the 'Unionist' retort aimed at anybody who dares ask a question or 2 :P

You will need totake that up with the writer of the article. I am no economics expert. I have no idea if your figures are right either.

But you quoted them as "fact".

Regardless though, the writers points are valid, unless you believe Scotland minus the oil is currently a new contributor?

So - if we take out certain income streams, then we are in a deficit position. You are correct. Tell you what, if you don't count income tax and NIC, then the UK is unsustainable. Time to leave!!!

The point is the current oil revenues are a declining source of income.

Current oil revenues aren't a declining source of income. Certainly for 30 years, if not longer when the North Atlantic field become economically viable, which at current oil prices will be fairly soon.

What are we going to do later? As I said earlier it isn't impossible - we'd need to invest wisely in other areas and increase our GDP in other ways.

Use the surplus we have at the moment to invest for the future.

But that is a very risky enterprise, especially when you consider the buffoons we would have in charge.

Ah, the Scottish cringe. We are better off in the Union, because the English are better than we are. If they aren't, why would their "buffoons" be any better than our own. After all, the last 2 Prime Ministers have been Scottish (although one denies it), and a good proportion of the senior cabinet posts.

Our position as an economically viable Independent state based on current income (assuming we get the share of the resources the SNP believes we should get,which is debateable) is established. I'm not sure anyone has a problem with that.

I'm glad we have established that. However, for you, that is a volte-face of Wendy like proportions.

The question of economic viability (ignoring the other questions as to whether breaking up the union is desirable) is in the short to medium term. How will the decline be made up for in other industries?

By investing, and encouraging investment.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Worse than that, the fucking braveheart generalisation is becoming even more tiresome.

you are just a fat child with a beard.......your fast becoming the worst poster on this site...and that takes some doing....try making a point instead of a glib reversal of the last post someone else made.

dear god..what does that even mean...is it £5 grand over all or £5grand extra.....there really is a dearth of decent debate in this country.

Well if you can afford it you can but we will be the richest most successful small archipelago in the world and we won't really want scum sullying our way of life.

Salmond is a master, his SNP colleagues have shown themselves to be very able. Where as Labour are becoming a total farce!

Again, i will ask, what have they done to show themselves very able?

Will it?

For how long? Why won't it go down?

It may do then again it may go up but short term i can see there being as dramatic a change as £5000 per year tax bills, if you want things you pay for them an Independent Scotland will be no different tax will still be a necessary pain in the ass.

What have they done to show themselves unable?

I don't know. It is a genuine question, since i am out of the country i have no idea. I haven't even said they are unable, whereas Piehutt has claimed them as doing an amazingly excellent job for the country, with Alex Salmond being the best politician ever (yes an exaggeration, but nm). Therefore i will ask again, and maybe someone will answer this time. What has Salmond and the Nats done to benefit the country so greatly?

you are just a fat child with a beard.......your fast becoming the worst poster on this site...and that takes some doing....try making a point instead of a glib reversal of the last post someone else made.

Oh please. The Gray Ghost has been called the worst poster on this site too many times by too many people for a wee bit of badly written abuse by the likes of you to have any impact. You ask the Gray Ghost to make a "point"? You, who quite happily uses vast streams of posts to launch personal abuse?

The more abuse you launch, the less attention anyone pays to your (admittedly already discredited) opinions.

Guest Ron Burgundy

Oh please. The Gray Ghost has been called the worst poster on this site too many times by too many people for a wee bit of badly written abuse by the likes of you to have any impact. You ask the Gray Ghost to make a "point"? You, who quite happily uses vast streams of posts to launch personal abuse?

The more abuse you launch, the less attention anyone pays to your (admittedly already discredited) opinions.

i'm glad you agree that you are repellant to so many.

Have you gleaned the opinions of other posters by PM to back up your assertion or is more unsubstantiated loner nonsense?

If no-one pays attention to my opinions why is this thread rumbling on for so long......??????

Guest Ron Burgundy
I don't know. It is a genuine question, since i am out of the country i have no idea. I haven't even said they are unable, whereas Piehutt has claimed them as doing an amazingly excellent job for the country, with Alex Salmond being the best politician ever (yes an exaggeration, but nm). Therefore i will ask again, and maybe someone will answer this time. What has Salmond and the Nats done to benefit the country so greatly?

he has tapped into a part of the scots psyche that demands praise for doing sod all except day dreaming.

His campaign has much in common with Ally McLeaods mental pronouncements prior to the 78' world cup...

blah blah best players..blah blah we are the best in the world...blah blah blah the cups coming home.

Salmond is a showman and what we are geting is a helluva show.

If no-one pays attention to my opinions why is this thread rumbling on for so long......??????

Because people are interested in the debate on independence, and the poll posted by another person (not you?)

How egotistical are you? Just because you contribute to a thread, and it goes to 10 pages, does not mean that people are "paying attention to your opinions".

Guest Ron Burgundy
Because people are interested in the debate on independence, and the poll posted by another person (not you?)

How egotistical are you? Just because you contribute to a thread, and it goes to 10 pages, does not mean that people are "paying attention to your opinions".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought I was on Salmondwatch...and anyway you fucking love me.....a little anyway.

Scrapped bridge tolls. Thank the lord for Alex Salmond eh? :rolleyes:

I see no evidence that the SNP are capable of running an independent Scotland, and I'm far from happy with the job they are currently doing in government.

Archived