Urban Exploration

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another bump.

Found this on twitter

https://twitter.com/AbandonedPics

Some not bad pictures

Whilst looking for information on the Russian Battle Cruiser I found this site and these wrecks at Aberlady Bay.

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2013/07/xt-class-midget-submarine-wrecks-aberlady-bay-photos/

• 9 months later...

If you go to the Italian countryside there are loads of abandoned villas, especially in the south and Sicily.

I don't really know but I'm guessing at one time they were the centre of agricultural estates where the landowners lived. Some seriously large and fancy pads and they are just sitting there now totally abandoned, perhaps since WWII, perhaps longer.

If you had renovation cash I'm sure you could buy something amazing for buttons.

If you go to the Italian countryside there are loads of abandoned villas, especially in the south and Sicily.

I don't really know but I'm guessing at one time they were the centre of agricultural estates where the landowners lived. Some seriously large and fancy pads and they are just sitting there now totally abandoned, perhaps since WWII, perhaps longer.

If you had renovation cash I'm sure you could buy something amazing for buttons.

I follow this mob on ebay. They sell loads of old abandoned properties, mainly in Bulgaria, for very low prices. Their latest property is this old railway station in Germany. At least you won't have far to walk after you get off the train.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131179324662&category=172188&emailtemplateid=75736254&sellerid=FpRekKD1aqBUg51xwnSn3A==&buyerid=eJGfcJBwsRLpT4BWjGxIkw==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:UK:LISTG

• 2 months later...

Would love to visit an airplane boneyard of see the navy mothball fleet sometime

http://www.stormclimb.com/2011/05/02/abandoned-aircraft-8-plane-graveyards-around-world/

The price of scrap nowadays, I'm surprised those planes are just left alone when someone could be making some ££££'s.

My wife's family are from the South of Italy and the village they live in is full of empty houses, mostly due to folk moving away to the States but some because corrupt officials block or make renovation too costly.

The regions mayor also has the say over the abandoned properties ... you can 'purchase' them via a backhander and should the previous owner return they can't do a thing about it !

My wife's family are from the South of Italy and the village they live in is full of empty houses, mostly due to folk moving away to the States but some because corrupt officials block or make renovation too costly.

The regions mayor also has the say over the abandoned properties ... you can 'purchase' them via a backhander and should the previous owner return they can't do a thing about it !

I remember watching a grand designs in Italy years ago where a couple wanted to convert a building into a b&b, stumbling block was that they wanted and really needed to have a pool and because the property was just outside the village they couldn't get permission. The local planning official basically told them straight that if they bunged him enough he would get the sign moved and make the village bigger.

I unexpectedly managed to get into an old ROC (Royal Observer Corps) secret underground bunker a bit north of Ullapool the other week as unknown to me until then, a couple I half-knew and was speaking to were ex-ROC staff who still had access to it.

It was pretty cool with a 5m ladder down into a one-room bunker with a chemical toilet cubicle. There was still some documentation lying on the desk, a kettle, teapot and saucepan in the cupboard and an empty beer can on the table (can't remember the type now). Proper relic of the Cold War which I must have passed by numerous times.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Started a new thread on this last night, knew there was an existing discussion somewhere!

Over the Easter weekend my girlfriend and I explored a few places (it's legal if the door is open/not there isn't it?). There's a large estate near Dumfries called Carnsalloch, a large mansion house that has been disused since 2004 save for squatters and maybe ten arson attacks. We wanted to take a swatch a few weeks back but didn't, and when we went on Friday both it and the adjacent stables were mere shells, some of the supports were hanging on by bawhairs which unfortunately put us off going in. There's also a cool little private chapel-cum-crypt across the road on a hill, we popped in and it was eerie as f**k because it's been disused for decades

We also went to a large five bed house near Thornhill/Moniaive which just ten years ago was bought for £230,000; now it has fallen victim to numerous floods and the outbuildings are crumbling. Again, the front door was unlocked so we went inside but couldn't get past the living room door due to the mess of the interior which is a shame because externally it is in fair condition.

There is a plethora of places that are derelict around Dumfries and Galloway which really excites us because we are both really interested in things like that, I especially like to resarch the places for a history. Just a shame that vandals and petty arsonists ruin what would be some incredible explorations for those of us that have more innocent intentions (albeit breaking and entering on private land)

Started a new thread on this last night, knew there was an existing discussion somewhere!

Over the Easter weekend my girlfriend and I explored a few places (it's legal if the door is open/not there isn't it?). There's a large estate near Dumfries called Carnsalloch, a large mansion house that has been disused since 2004 save for squatters and maybe ten arson attacks. We wanted to take a swatch a few weeks back but didn't, and when we went on Friday both it and the adjacent stables were mere shells, some of the supports were hanging on by bawhairs which unfortunately put us off going in. There's also a cool little private chapel-cum-crypt across the road on a hill, we popped in and it was eerie as f**k because it's been disused for decades

We also went to a large five bed house near Thornhill/Moniaive which just ten years ago was bought for £230,000; now it has fallen victim to numerous floods and the outbuildings are crumbling. Again, the front door was unlocked so we went inside but couldn't get past the living room door due to the mess of the interior which is a shame because externally it is in fair condition.

There is a plethora of places that are derelict around Dumfries and Galloway which really excites us because we are both really interested in things like that, I especially like to resarch the places for a history. Just a shame that vandals and petty arsonists ruin what would be some incredible explorations for those of us that have more innocent intentions (albeit breaking and entering on private land)

^^^

Enjoys shagging in derelict buildings type post

Archived