Urban Exploration

I'm very tempted to go and have a look round cherrybank gardens in Perth. Been closed since 2008, and is just opposite where I work. Might sneak in one day.

I went in there back in 09 and got chased out by a greenskeeper, no idea of they still employ one or have one there these days

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an abandoned hospital outside St Andrews which is great for this kind of thing. I've went up there a couple of times with my mates in my youth but we never got in. I did meet a guy who had been in it though and he swears there was a childrens swing set that

was on one side of the door when he entered

and on the other when he left. Most likely his

mind playing tricks on him.

Craigtoun Hospital

EDIT:

More links to Craigtoun

My link

My link

It actually looks like a really nice building! Marble staircase and everything. Shame its

abandoned!

I actually stayed in this building about 25 years ago. It used to be a maternity hospital and when I stayed there part of it was still being used as a geriatric ward. Myself and 5 others were given rooms there as we were employed by Fife Health Board. It was actually a nice place to stay but as winter set in it started to feel a bit like the hotel in The Shining. The marble staircase is amazing and must be worth a fortune. Did a bit of exploring and it was well creepy in a very interesting way. Sad to think that it has been left to rot. What a waste of a fantastic building in a great location :(

Anyone mentioned this website?- http://www.silentuk.com/

They got arrested after getting into the London Underground to see an abandoned station a couple of days before the Royal Wedding and the authorities running a security lockdown went apeshit!

Love the pictures of the old warships they manage to get aboard

There's a weird set of buildings up the back of Castlemilk, looking towards Clarkston. It's a collection of shelter-like buildings which look military. Any ideas what it is?

Could well be WW2 decoy buildings. A lot of them around the Braes in Paisley including a dummy airfield.

Good thread, surprised to see St Peter's Seminary at Cardross only getting the one wee mention - When I was there last year the RCAHMS were surveying the place and one of the guys told us some parts will be getting demolished and the main part will be renovated when the money gets the OK, so check it out while you still can

Fantastic thread, no idea so many places of interest throughout the country.

I'm on my phone so cant post the link, but there was a couple of guys who spend a weekend in a naval graveyard, got some amazing picture, they even managed to find the old experimental stealth ship named the Sea Shadow (google it)

Brillant stuff

That is quality.

http://scotthaefner.com/beyond/mothball-fleet-ghost-ships/

I remember about 12 years ago me and a few mates went to dunmore estate near airth on Halloween, didn't think it was going to be that scary but it was absolutely terrifying. There is a few old buildings and a crypt thing, we went into a large mansion and climbed a spiral staircase (some of it was missing), massive old style rooms with carved wood structures every where. There was a wall with loads of coffins in it like a morgue. Anyway one of my pals was like 'do you dare me to open one of the coffins?' eh no not at all. My heart is actually beating faster even thinking about this, he lifted one of the old dusty coffin lids after about half an hour of him saying he was going to do it. Thankfully it was empty and we left soon after ( I actually thought I was going to shit myself), really smart building, probably better in the daylight

I visited Gilmerton Cove in Edinburgh a couple of days ago and I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone (not in a wheelchair).

Basically a small but intriguing labyrinth of chiseled out chambers beneath existing houses made by folk at least 300 years ago (maybe even 1000 yo in places). The place was only re-discovered about 15? years back and it's recently been opened to the public again after it flooded a few years back. Still no idea what they were originally made for but it's obviously been a mason's drinking den at some point. It's like a pub full of booths but everything (including tables and benches) carved from the sandstone bedrock. For those who might remember the bar 'Kef' in Aberdeen, it's like that, just all stone and super-mysterious.

Anyway, Gilmerton Cove - get it visited. £7.50 admission but it's a great 45-60 min tour. In the unlikely event you feel it wasn't worth it, feel free to PM me with abuse.

Unrelated, I'm writing this on the M90 and a huge plane just flew really low (30m?) over the motorway at Bridge of Earn. Similar to the one in Quantum of Solace which Bond flies into the cave. Pretty cool!.

Edit: actually, just realised that I wrote this text where I was on the map on my post at the top of this thread. Creepy!

There's a weird set of buildings up the back of Castlemilk, looking towards Clarkston. It's a collection of shelter-like buildings which look military. Any ideas what it is?

[/quote

It's an Anti Aircraft Battery from WWII , you can see when you zoom in the ready use magazines in the gun pits. There are several of them dotted about the Clyde Valley.

This is one at Larkfield in Greenock. http://www.treasured...in_focus_16.jpg

As you can see the layout is identical.

• 9 months later...

Recently went on the leven to elie costal walk, lots of quite well preserved WWII stuff including anti aircraft placements and pillar boxes.

Me an my mate went to the old mill in Inverkeithing, which was pretty cool, and had to run away when some old groundsman/security guy came out.

We also went to the old industrial building in Falkland as well which is similarly massive and full of asbestos and old industrial stuff.

Would love to do more as I find stuff like that pretty cool.

Me an my mate went to the old mill in Inverkeithing, which was pretty cool, and had to run away when some old groundsman/security guy came out.

We also went to the old industrial building in Falkland as well which is similarly massive and full of asbestos and old industrial stuff.

Would love to do more as I find stuff like that pretty cool.

The mill was flattened a wee while ago, the bairns kept plating with the asbestos.

I'm glad this thread has been bumped. A few years ago we managed to get into the countess fiona next to the maid of the loch on loch lomond. That was quite creepy and still had alot if the fittings. The engine room was interesting aswell. Worth doing if u can get into it

Archived