Urban Exploration

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in! Can you imagine a group of 30 people in various football tops running around an abandoned hospital? Caretaker shows up and we have to explain we're "The P+B Urban Explorers".

I reckon even the keyboard warriors could take him if there's 30 of them.

What old abandoned football stadiums is there?

Maybe we could get access to a recent stadium? There's bound to be a basement somewhere at a football stadium where some old boy worked for 50 years and now haunts. "Aye Jimmy McGiggins used tae clean the players boots a'fore the kick aff doon there. He still likes tae pop by and say hello" laugh.gif

I reckon even the keyboard warriors could take him if there's 30 of them.

Are you proposing that we turn to violence on some old caretaker, Mrs M?! Shame on you!

Who on here is going to set up a wee day out for the P&B'rs then? Some folk on here must have experiences of it

lol, you tried in George sq remember ;), most experianced man here.

There's nothing anyone can do, tresspassing isn't illegal in Scotland, or rather there's no such thing as tresspassing.

No, but there is such a thing as breaking and entering.

The closest Ive ever been to anything like this is being down the Vaults in Edinburgh. It was part of a guided tour, but as there was only 4 of us (me and Mrs X and another couple) we got to go off and "explore" on our own.

Firs Park.

That Youtube channel leads to a video of Dalquharran Castle which is in line for a £20m facelift and a golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus.

That the one down at Dailly with the roof off it? I think it was designed by Adam like Culzean was, its quite an impressive building.

I know someone that nicked salvaged an Adam designed fireplace out of it not long after it was vacated.:lol: Its sitting in a farmhouse looking completely out of place.

cathkin park isn't all that interesting tbh.

I fully disagree with that. I found it intriguing going there thinking how the hell 45,000+ folk once managed to cram in there.

post-13234-0-77777400-1319862829_thumb.j

Firs Park wise, I'd just assumed it had been flattened to make way for some ASDA or Tesco seeing as it's right next to a retail park. The first and last time I went there was the last time Brechin played in the Third Division. We let in two goals in the last 5 mins or so to lose to Scotland's worst team 2-0 despite being champions already. Shite day, especially as I was wearing our white away strip and I managed to spill most of the gravy from a steak bridie down my front on the way there. Ah the memories.

I fully disagree with that. I found it intriguing going there thinking how the hell 45,000+ folk once managed to cram in there.

post-13234-0-77777400-1319862829_thumb.j

Firs Park wise, I'd just assumed it had been flattened to make way for some ASDA or Tesco seeing as it's right next to a retail park. The first and last time I went there was the last time Brechin played in the Third Division. We let in two goals in the last 5 mins or so to lose to Scotland's worst team 2-0 despite being champions already. Shite day, especially as I was wearing our white away strip and I managed to spill most of the gravy from a steak bridie down my front on the way there. Ah the memories.

I think the owner is hanging on to Firs Park until he'll get more money for selling it.

Archived