The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

Have you only just seen it? Oh well...
As I said at the time, I had a horrible feeling right at the end of Amy's acceptance speech. She called on Sheldon but as she wasn't facing the microphone her voice sounded different - it was exactly the way they have somebody waking up from a dream, with somebody in the real world calling them. Just for that split second I thought the whole Nobel Prize thing had been Sheldon dreaming, and if they had actually done that it would have been a real heads-gone moment for me.
Aye. Much like The Walking Dead I lost serious interest as the quality dipped massively but when it arrived on Netflix I wanted to see it through until the end as I had watched it from the start.

Friend of mine was convinced that Raj would come out in the last episode.  He always had a Smithers-Mr Burns relationship with Howard but aside from that had a very female-oriented lifestyle (can't think of any other way to describe it but that seemed to be what the writers were going for).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Love BBT but found season 10/11/12 a bit of a slog to finish. Finally finished It today and It was a good ending. Won’t spoil It but It was much better than HIMYM anyway.

Over the 12 season’s I’ve come up with:

They made Sheldon a little too “normal” for me In the end.

Raj and Howard were brilliant but they killed Howard from like season 8.

Kripke, Stuart and Bert were brilliant bit parts.

Leonard was a greeting faced p***k and nobody would’ve noticed If him and Penny left round about season 6.

Love BBT but found season 10/11/12 a bit of a slog to finish. Finally finished It today and It was a good ending. Won’t spoil It but It was much better than HIMYM anyway.

Leonard was a greeting faced p***k and nobody would’ve noticed If him and Penny left round about season 6.

They made everyone normal, except ironically Bernadette, who started off normal but ended up a caricature of a nagging wife.

It's what ruined it

You're being generous towards Howard. For me they ruined him as soon as he was going steady with Bernadette. He was much funnier as a sleazy pervert. Bernadette ended up being one of the most horrible sitcom characters ever. If you go back and watch her scenes in the last couple of seasons without the laughter track, she isn't remotely funny, she's genuinely cruel.

I agree in regards to Sheldon. He developed significantly which IMO was pretty daft given who he was. I think Leonard's character was spot on though. Given how his mother treated him added with the fact he had to suffer Sheldon, I think he was spot on. He was a happier more relaxed person when he was just with Penny.

57 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Bernadette went from being a ditzy but lovely girl to an absolute nightmare who basically was shouting in every scene she was in.  Such terrible writing.

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're being generous towards Howard. For me they ruined him as soon as he was going steady with Bernadette. He was much funnier as a sleazy pervert. Bernadette ended up being one of the most horrible sitcom characters ever. If you go back and watch her scenes in the last couple of seasons without the laughter track, she isn't remotely funny, she's genuinely cruel.

I agree in regards to Sheldon. He developed significantly which IMO was pretty daft given who he was. I think Leonard's character was spot on though. Given how his mother treated him added with the fact he had to suffer Sheldon, I think he was spot on. He was a happier more relaxed person when he was just with Penny.

You might be right about this but, like the normalisation of the other characters, it makes for shit tv.

I was also being generous towards Bernadette. I totally agree that she became a horrible, cruel character. Genuinely cringed at some of the stuff

You might be right about this but, like the normalisation of the other characters, it makes for shit tv.

Definitely. But that was decent writing on their part as it showed Leonard was probably a relaxed guy in 'peace time', it just highlighted the effect Sheldon's antics had on him [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Definitely. But that was decent writing on their part as it showed Leonard was probably a relaxed guy in 'peace time', it just highlighted the effect Sheldon's antics had on him emoji38.png

I disagree. The point of writing a tv show is to make it entertaining.

I've no particular problem with the character development in a reality sense - apart from Sheldon, Bernadette, Amy and possibly Raj who's mutism is magically cured * - but its dull beyond belief.

*OK, I guess I do have problems with a lot of the character development :lol:

I disagree. The point of writing a tv show is to make it entertaining.
I've no particular problem with the character development in a reality sense - apart from Sheldon, Bernadette, Amy and possibly Raj who's mutism is magically cured * - but its dull beyond belief.
*OK, I guess I do have problems with a lot of the character development [emoji38]
I think you're missing my point/I'm not explaining it correctly. FifeArab commented that Leonard was a greeting faced p***k. I'm suggesting that he wasn't really like that, Sheldon made him that way. Being with Penny showed what Leonard was really like as a person; a decent likeable guy. By writing it that way it strengthened how difficult a person Sheldon was to know.

I'm not suggesting we should have seen more of the 'nice Leonard' as it would have been boring as you say (see Howard!). I'm just defending Leonard's personality.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think you're missing my point/I'm not explaining it correctly. FifeArab commented that Leonard was a greeting faced p***k. I'm suggesting that he wasn't really like that, Sheldon made him that way. Being with Penny showed what Leonard was really like as a person; a decent likeable guy. By writing it that way it strengthened how difficult a person Sheldon was to know.

I'm not suggesting we should have seen more of the 'nice Leonard' as it would have been boring as you say (see Howard!). I'm just defending Leonard's personality.

Fair enough, I did misunderstand that.

I have to say, though, I kinda got that already. You could tell from his interactions at work and with Raj, Howard and Penny, even really early on, that he was a decent guy, exasperated by Sheldon. 

Fair enough, I did misunderstand that.
I have to say, though, I kinda got that already. You could tell from his interactions at work and with Raj, Howard and Penny, even really early on, that he was a decent guy, exasperated by Sheldon. 
Aye. I think FifeArab is just being harsh [emoji14]

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The episode that is on E4 is the episode where Leonard confronts his bully and he apologises only to do the heel turn in the morning again.

However the actor is actually the same actor that plays Sheldon’s dad in Young Sheldon.