The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

Well I asked for years how they would end TBBT and my suggestions of Sheldon getting married and Sheldon having sex have both happened so it was anyone's guess.

Seems they're going down the line of Sheldon finally getting his Nobel.

Thought it was an alright ending.  Glad they finally got the elevator fixed :lol: 

So it ends with - 

Spoiler

Sheldon and Amy winning the Nobel Prize. 
Leonard and Penny preparing to have a kid
Howard and Bernadette with their 2 kids and Stuart moving out
Raj - single and alone :lol: 

On 27/05/2019 at 17:41, Mark Connolly said:

Only just found out that the actress who plays Sheldon's maw in Young Sheldon is the real life daughter of the actress that plays him in the Big Bang Theory.

Always thought she did a pretty good impression, this probably helps!

Her Dad is Jeff Perry who has starred in a few shows.  I know him from Scandal - 

image.png.d0efd37e75f77bbf3d9cb9ac44d8d0e4.png

I had an "Oh, shit!" moment at the end of the final episode. When Amy finished her Nobel acceptance speech she mentioned Sheldon by name, then called on him again when he didn't hear her. The second time, she wasn't facing the podium microphone so her voice sounded different - in fact, it sounded just like the way they do things if a character has been dreaming and someone from the real world says their name and wakes them up. Just for a split second I thought the whole Nobel sequence would turn out to have been a dream - I'm really glad they didn't do that.

But as a mate of mine wondered, this is the greatest moment of Sheldon and Amy's lives. So why weren't his mum or Amy's parents there to see it?

I’d imagine as the ceremony is in Sweden plotwise. More likely the filming dates didn’t fit in with schedules.

Finale was a good end, Sheldon finally acknowledging his friends for their own achievements was probably a fitting end.

The show plodded along for the final few seasons. Occasionally having a back to form episode.

Sheldon at Thanksgiving and Sheldon meeting James Earl Jones are still be far my favourite episodes.

I much prefer Young Sheldon to the Big Bang Theory.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

I much prefer Young Sheldon to the Big Bang Theory.

I liked the end of last night's season finale, with

Spoiler

a glimpse of all his friends as youngsters.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

Sheldon at Thanksgiving and Sheldon meeting James Earl Jones are still be far my favourite episodes.

Sheldon getting Leonard Nimoys used napkin is a scene that I'll probably never grow tired of :lol: 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Sheldon getting Leonard Nimoys used napkin is a scene that I'll probably never grow tired of :lol: 

"All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nimoy!"
"All I'm giving you is the napkin, Sheldon!"

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:41, Mark Connolly said:

Only just found out that the actress who plays Sheldon's maw in Young Sheldon is the real life daughter of the actress that plays him in the Big Bang Theory.

Always thought she did a pretty good impression, this probably helps!

Zoe Perry also played the role of 'young Jackie' in two episodes of Roseanne.

On 5/31/2019 at 14:07, The Minertaur said:

Next time you watch this scene listen out for some absolute walloper in the audience hooting like a randy barn owl.

• 2 months later...
On 03/09/2019 at 01:10, dundeefc1783 said:

Been watching this just as some background viewing recently and have never actually noticed before that all they seem to do is eat and drink

I always thought they must earn a fortune as they only ever seem to eat at a restaurant or have takeaway food at home.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 01:10, dundeefc1783 said:

Been watching this just as some background viewing recently and have never actually noticed before that all they seem to do is eat and drink

Ironically they don't seem to actually eat any of the food they have. They just push it about with their forks.

• 4 weeks later...

A nice final scene which given Sheldon is meant be emotionless, Parsons was obviously getting teary with. Cuoco had real tears as well. A predictable ending that I knew would happen before I even started 12: Leonard getting a baby and Sheldon getting the Nobel Prize.

It had overran it's course but had some great seasons. Bernadette was indeed a nasty nasty character in the end. I don't think I laughed at a single thing she said in S11 and 12. And she was just horrible to everyone.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A nice final scene which given Sheldon is meant be emotionless, Parsons was obviously getting teary with. Cuoco had real tears as well. A predictable ending that I knew would happen before I even started 12: Leonard getting a baby and Sheldon getting the Nobel Prize.

Have you only just seen it? Oh well...

As I said at the time, I had a horrible feeling right at the end of Amy's acceptance speech. She called on Sheldon but as she wasn't facing the microphone her voice sounded different - it was exactly the way they have somebody waking up from a dream, with somebody in the real world calling them. Just for that split second I thought the whole Nobel Prize thing had been Sheldon dreaming, and if they had actually done that it would have been a real heads-gone moment for me.

19 hours ago, GordonD said:

Have you only just seen it? Oh well...

As I said at the time, I had a horrible feeling right at the end of Amy's acceptance speech. She called on Sheldon but as she wasn't facing the microphone her voice sounded different - it was exactly the way they have somebody waking up from a dream, with somebody in the real world calling them. Just for that split second I thought the whole Nobel Prize thing had been Sheldon dreaming, and if they had actually done that it would have been a real heads-gone moment for me.

I would have been quite happy with the last 7 series all being a dream <_<

They could have gone with the Sunset Beach "double dream" ending