Garden Options

HGG

And the garage... well, that's another story as well you know. :( I wanted rid of the *whole* garage, not just half of it. The people who took the first half have now disappeared and not contacted me further

Maybe they just needed half of it to patch their ship up before sailing back to the spanish main?

Guest oddjob
Maybe they just needed half of it to patch their ship up before sailing back to the spanish main?

Is that a spoiler for 'Lost'?

My rocket basket is growing mad! Picked a huge bunch the other day, was lovely and peppery! The chives, sage and rosemary are all growing well in the baskets too. (coriander and dill not doing too well :( )

Leeks are now outside with beetroot and onions.

Got a cherry tomato plant at the weekend and it's in the greenhouse with the chilli plant and turnip seeds. :D:D

All good just now, I hope when I get back from my week away(this sunday), my Mum remembers and waters everything and it's all still alive!

p.s. On the plant side, my clematis is now growing up the trellis and wysteria is getting massive! The bulbs I planted are now showng above the ground (I think it was gladioli). Woo hoo! :):)

I've been in the garden all afternoon, it's been great. :D My carrots are now going well, my onions are a lot better than they were this time last year and the tatties are looking good again! :)

My rocket basket is growing mad! Picked a huge bunch the other day, was lovely and peppery! The chives, sage and rosemary are all growing well in the baskets too. (coriander and dill not doing too well :( )

Leeks are now outside with beetroot and onions.

Got a cherry tomato plant at the weekend and it's in the greenhouse with the chilli plant and turnip seeds. :D:D

All good just now, I hope when I get back from my week away(this sunday), my Mum remembers and waters everything and it's all still alive!

p.s. On the plant side, my clematis is now growing up the trellis and wysteria is getting massive! The bulbs I planted are now showng above the ground (I think it was gladioli). Woo hoo! :):)

Mind some Wisteria is poisonous if you try to eat it. Keep it away from kids..... Your gardens a death trap with that and the rhubarb :o;)

The bloody slugs have been back in the veg patch and i got 12 of the blighters :angry:

Carrots and tatties are coming on great. The lettuce is now in hanging baskets after the slugfest. Strawberries are coming on a treat and so are the peas. Staring to look good for all those BBQ's were hoping to have.

Guest oddjob
The bloody slugs have been back in the veg patch and i got 12 of the blighters

Don't drink all the beer then. :D

Question: Who decides what's a weed and what's not.

The bloody slugs have been back in the veg patch

I found a slug in my garden tonight too. It started to creep up the side of one of my containers before my very eyes. :angry: I hate slugs. KEEP OFF MY PLANTS!

Carrots and tatties are coming on great. The lettuce is now in hanging baskets after the slugfest. Strawberries are coming on a treat and so are the peas. Staring to look good for all those BBQ's were hoping to have.

B) Cool. Potatoes, a few onions and cucumber seeds got planted here tonight. I also thinned out the swedes and repotted the tomato plants. Too many of those took so half of them are off to my Nanna's next week. :D My strawberries are starting to plump up now too. :thumsup2

:lol: My 18 month old son! We were out in the garden yesterday when I suddenly heard him saying "Oh no. Oh no. Oh no." I asked what was wrong and he lifted his hands to show me the two swede plants he'd pulled from one of our trugs! :lol:

Down side - my half-garage is still there! :(

To quote Alan Titchmarsh, "A weed is just a plant growing in the wrong place". Thus, if you like dandelions and daisies, they're plants. If you don't like clematis, it's a weed. Simple. :D

To quote Alan Titchmarsh, "A weed is just a plant growing in the wrong place". Thus, if you like dandelions and daisies, they're plants. If you don't like clematis, it's a weed. Simple. :D

Keep dandelions for your salads. The leaves are nice in salad. Theres quite a few weeds that can be lobbed in the salad bowl.

Keep dandelions for your salads. The leaves are nice in salad. Theres quite a few weeds that can be lobbed in the salad bowl.

I have a weird thing about dandelions - I can't touch them. When I was little, my Grandad used to tell me that if you picked them, you wet the bed. I know it's a ridiculous old wives' tale, but I still can't touch them to this day.

Imagine me with a rabbit and dandelion stew? :rolleyes:

I have a weird thing about dandelions - I can't touch them. When I was little, my Grandad used to tell me that if you picked them, you wet the bed. I know it's a ridiculous old wives' tale, but I still can't touch them to this day.

You should enter Masterchef with that.

Guest Judge & Jury

What about a glass of Dandelion and Burdock? Just a small one of course - in case you do wet the bed :ph34r:

What about a glass of Dandelion and Burdock? Just a small one of course - in case you do wet the bed :ph34r:

My Mum always used to buy that when we were kids, and I loved it, but she never let us have any. Nothing to do with it making us wet the bed, more to do with the fact that she loved it too, and she was just a selfish cow. :(

Anyway, what was this thread about again? :ph34r: