Garden Options

HGG

After weeks of being sick of looking at the fucking stuff, I've decided I'm going to put a 8ft by 8ft deck up the back garden. Not building a frame though, getting a couple of 8x4 pallets from work, along with some damaged deck boards which I can cut 8ft off which I have stored aside. 

47 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

First time building a fence myself, I've built them with folk before, but I've always been the "lesser experienced" at it.

Gave it a go, and even through a wee gate up for good measure!

IMG_20200616_202521.jpg

Huggle bunny has seen better days!

60c.gif

49 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

First time building a fence myself, I've built them with folk before, but I've always been the "lesser experienced" at it.

Gave it a go, and even through a wee gate up for good measure!

IMG_20200616_202521.jpg

Looks like you ran your labourer in the pink onesie into the ground. Bit out of order. 
Pink lives matter.

22 hours ago, spud131 said:
On 16/06/2020 at 22:18, 8MileBU said:
Looks like you ran your labourer in the pink onesie into the ground. Bit out of order. 
Pink lives matter.

I'm more concerned about the child trapped under the gate!

He wasn't "trapped".

He was out after 50 minutes.

How messy/sh*te is fence painting btw.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Don't do it. Natural, treated wood is the optimum look, IMO.

Already started 😥.

There was too many different colours between all the fences, panels that had been painted that bright reddy Brown beside untouched fence etc. couldn't bare  to look at it anymore so it's all going "dark oak"

Had a trip to b and q last week for a few shrubs and flowers, hard originally bought some wooden edging to separate the grass from the plants but it looked awful so I made a trip to the shore and lifted a few stones and it looks much better.

54B603F3-2376-45FC-9C16-D2A5B7C69E1F.jpeg

Edited by throbber

On 04/06/2020 at 12:51, Silverton End said:

My lupins have came out nicely, same with the clematis.

20200604_124722.thumb.jpg.a5241e027a92108a66bbddf3e3673607.jpg

Thats not a lupin. 

THAT'S a lupin.  

IMG_20200609_072225.thumb.jpg.2d6d00a7fffce9483f525c205f23796d.jpg

Joking aside, my lupins have done really well this year. Normally only get a couple of flower heads and that's it. Not sure if the drier weather has suited them or something. 

Already started [emoji26].
There was too many different colours between all the fences, panels that had been painted that bright reddy Brown beside untouched fence etc. couldn't bare  to look at it anymore so it's all going "dark oak"
Of all the household jobs I have ever done, fence painting is the worst, and whatever is in second isnt anywhere near the fucker

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Of all the household jobs I have ever done, fence painting is the worst, and whatever is in second isnt anywhere near the fucker

I'll agree with this. Don't get me wrong, today has flown in, got my new 3ft fence done and the 6ft behind the decking (which was a f*cking chore not to get it on the decking with a dust sheet). Had the headphones in and listened to a few stand up shows on Spotify so had a good laugh while painting.

Question though, or an opinion rather.

What colour oil do you think would be decent on the decking against the dark oak fence?

I want to oil it dark oak as well but the Mrs likes the colour it is natural so just wants clear oil.  Any opinions welcome..

IMG_20200618_193425.jpg

4 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'll agree with this. Don't get me wrong, today has flown in, got my new 3ft fence done and the 6ft behind the decking (which was a f*cking chore not to get it on the decking with a dust sheet). Had the headphones in and listened to a few stand up shows on Spotify so had a good laugh while painting.

Question though, or an opinion rather.

What colour oil do you think would be decent on the decking against the dark oak fence?

I want to oil it dark oak as well but the Mrs likes the colour it is natural so just wants clear oil.  Any opinions welcome..

IMG_20200618_193425.jpg

Think a contrast is nice. Maybe a very slightly darker stain than what it currently is

7 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

i wouldn't worry too much about the colour, to be fair

once the ship's wheel, capstan and 40 foot mast are in place, it'll look fantastic regardless...