Garden Options

HGG

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have pretty much decided I am going for astroturf in my never used but regularly seen front garden.

You won’t regret it. Best move we made for the garden. Especially for the kids. 

You won’t regret it. Best move we made for the garden. Especially for the kids. 
They dont really get to play out there as its pretty small and near a busy road. Their contribution the front grass is a thriving dandelion community thanks to their constant need to distribute the "fairies".

This project is purely so that the front stays looking tidy with minimal effort. It's a bit of a mess the now.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have pretty much decided I am going for astroturf in my never used but regularly seen front garden.

Best thing I’ve done. It cost and the ground work was a chore, but I’ve hoovered and brushed it once this year

Just now, Bairnardo said:

They dont really get to play out there as its pretty small and near a busy road. Their contribution the front grass is a thriving dandelion community thanks to their constant need to distribute the "fairies".

This project is purely so that the front stays looking tidy with minimal effort. It's a bit of a mess the now.

I can recommend a company to get your turf from, I’ll check back in my emails and find the details later. Great range of different quality, free samples in advance and quick delivery. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I can recommend a company to get your turf from, I’ll check back in my emails and find the details later. Great range of different quality, free samples in advance and quick delivery. 

Did you do all the work yourself? I got a recommendation from a mate for a  mob that come and do it all. Iv got other bits and pieces I'd like them to do that are likely outside my skillset.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Did you do all the work yourself? I got a recommendation from a mate for a  mob that come and do it all. Iv got other bits and pieces I'd like them to do that are likely outside my skillset.

No I got a guy in. I’d have ended up with it uneven and weeds coming through etc. 

@Bairnardo this is the place I used for the grass. I can’t remember which one it was but I think it was about £15 a sq m from memory. 

https://www.tudagrass.co.uk/product-category/artificial-grass/?gclid=CjwKCAjwwMn1BRAUEiwAZ_jnEqRwcl5fQHxYHlCJ5BmLDZIqLS4FaBtDe5xalG9BOO3D3HE3hMxFQxoCaAMQAvD_BwE

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

@Nkomo-A-Gogo, where did you steal/purchase/borrow all your euro pallets from?! 

I'm a truck driver in Ireland and come across them regularly so just saved them up. If I was really arsed I could make a few bob collecting and selling.  

Those pallet collars are harder to come by as nowhere wants to give them up and some places are charged if they don't return them.

If you decide to do it then 1 ton of topsoil will fill 4X euro pallets.

I planted cabbage and cauliflower in 2 of my beds and going by the seedling packet spacing I could only put 6 plants in each bed. I don't use much of those veggies but I thought I would be able to do more. Ill have to think more about what I get back from each bed next year

56 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I'm a truck driver in Ireland and come across them regularly so just saved them up. If I was really arsed I could make a few bob collecting and selling.  

Aye, used to make some money on the side selling to a Russian boy. He said he made a fortune on them even after what he gave me. 

22 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

interesting shadow - do you live in a castle and have re-turfed the killing grounds covered by crossbow fire from the northwestern bartizan ?

It is where i hang the banhammer ready for use.

I am now old as when it rained earlier i went brilliant that will be good for the grass.

Edited by keithgy

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I bought it for my smaller back garden but it is not cheap,i got it from Grass Direct.

Aye iv got a budget in mind for the turf and some other wee bits and pieces but will need to keep it reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye iv got a budget in mind for the turf and some other wee bits and pieces but will need to keep it reasonable. 

B&M also do turf but not sure how it measures up,we only paid £2.75sm for real turf and i think £10 delivery from a company in Cumbernauld.

On 02/05/2020 at 20:48, MixuFixit said:

I don't treat them any different to other stuff so just a feed with some fertiliser once a week or thereabouts. You can never over water them once they're well established in my experience though.

Some of my tomato plants look a bit sorry for themselves. It's been cold last night but red hot in the greenhouse during the day.  A lot of the leaves are curling in on themselves but not yellowing or dry. And no bugs.

15894852705034697275805967111480.jpg