Garden Options

HGG

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is what I am working with now. Just finished today. Goes all the way along the back and down the other side, so looking for advice/ideas on what will work well in there...

Up in that top corner I think something quite big. Down the bottom of that bed and at the other side I think I want stuff that will climb to aid privacy as our seating etc will be on that patio.

Along the back bed is where I want to use as a wildflower meadow each summer.

Eta yes I am going to paint the fence IMG-20190816-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.248a8d354f7d4558a93911efa492e97a.jpeg

You've got a ghost.

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is what I am working with now. Just finished today. Goes all the way along the back and down the other side, so looking for advice/ideas on what will work well in there...

Up in that top corner I think something quite big. Down the bottom of that bed and at the other side I think I want stuff that will climb to aid privacy as our seating etc will be on that patio.

Along the back bed is where I want to use as a wildflower meadow each summer. IMG-20190816-WA0006.jpeg

Depends on the aspect of the bed. Much sun?

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Depends on the aspect of the bed. Much sun?

You are looking North in that photo, so where Mrs B has taken the photo from is shaded most of the day but the bed should be ok, other than the shade offered by the fence. The bed up the back and down the other side should do ok for sun too I think. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You are looking North in that photo, so where Mrs B has taken the photo from is shaded most of the day but the bed should be ok, other than the shade offered by the fence. The bed up the back and down the other side should do ok for sun too I think. 

Clematis should do fine then. 

If there’s a shady bit, get some ferns or elephant ears in .

Or mushrooms.

Along the back bed is where I want to use as a wildflower meadow each summer.

Eta yes I am going to paint the fence IMG-20190816-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.248a8d354f7d4558a93911efa492e97a.jpeg

slabs are [emoji41]

Well done for putting the trampoline on reasonably level ground. Automatically gets you into the top half of the average Scottish IQ table
Thats not where it goes. Theres another patio up the top right you cant see. Its just there to let the guy do his thing with the slabs.

Appreciate the kind words though brother.

My rule of thumb is that if it’s so cold in my garden that I’d need an outdoor heater on to keep me warm if I was just standing about, I go inside , to my warm house , rather than stay out just for the sake of it.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Whays everyone working with re outdoor heating? Anyone use a gas fired patio heater?

I used one on the past, but it only really heated the immediate area around it - move a couple of feet outside of this and it's Baltic.  

• 2 weeks later...

Been growing veg with my daughter this summer. We've managed lettuce, radish, carrots and tomatoes. She's absolutely loving the responsibility of it all and was raging I hadn't watered the tomatoes at the weekend whilst she was away at her granny's. Just need the tomatoes to turn red now!

20190826_181424.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don’t mean to be cheeky but how much are you guys spending on these sleepers, made up beds, terraces, etc.

I’m sure they’ll be in for 20+ years but they all look (very lovely but) horrifically expensive without maybe adding a commensurate value to the house?