Garden Options

HGG

Got the back garden grass cut with the wee one out playing in his activity centre thing, it was a lovely day.

Got the front grass, will moss, cut as well once Grampa was here!

I was in the garden from 9am till 6pm yesterday. There were between 4 and 6 of us at any one point.

Bamboo was removed from the bottom of the garden as it was taking over everything. Its the very invasive type.

Ive put it in pots now where it cant spread.

A ridiculous amount of old plants were removed and replaced with ones we like. I was also hanging at a dangerous height cutting the trees round the back of my fence so as it didnt take over the neighbours garden.

Id have been sacked for not wearing a harness if working like that offshore :P

All in all there were 3 HUGE bags were taken away from the garden along with at least 6 large black bags of garden debris. I cant believe now much stuff was taken out our small garden!

The garden looks bare now in comparison to how it was, but thats due to us taking alot of trees etc right back. This will mean that it will be easy to keep over the summer months and still look great when everything blossoms etc. :)

The people we bought the house from didnt really do any maintenance on the garden last year as they were selling and just keeping it tidy and presentable. It should be easy to keep on top of now.

Still need to get the fence treated all the way round and Im of to B&Q to get some very large pots to put the bamboo in. :)

Pics will follow.

Edited by MattBairn

I'm away to the garden centre for a nose before we go out to plant the tatties, onions and shallots that we've got already.

Oh heck, it's that time of year isn't it!?

I'd not bother this year but the GCs are already beating me to it and I can't have that! I guess I'll be off to the garden centre myself this weekend and then out in the garden to sort it all out while it's sunny and warmish. :)

Got loads of seeds to plant. We were going to get them done after a spot of lunch, but the sun's disappeared and it looks like it might rain. <_<

Same here gone very dark.Still grass cut ,chair stained.And lots of weeding.Having a wee break.

Ive got onions and garlic to go in but i had a frost last night.I guess i had better not get carried away.

And it's wet and windy outside here today. Most upsetting. We found the greenhouse thing on the other side of the garden, too. Ryan's been trying to anchor it to something stronger than the grass. Think we're going to move it to beside the fence and try to tie it to the fence.

Pics will follow.

IMG_0028.jpg

Work in progress

IMG_0032.jpg

Bamboo removed and put out the way for a while.

IMG_0035.jpg

Cant believe now much debris came out of such a small garden

IMG_0051.jpg

Looking better now its all done.

IMG_0052.jpg

Need to get the middle pot replaced with one like the other 2.

The middle one is only sitting there just now as the wind kept blowing it over when it sat next to the chimnea.

Need to let it bed in a bit before putting it back

IMG_0054.jpg

Various trees in the back corner. Pear, Apple and a few others.

IMG_0055.jpg

This it the part Im going to raise up to become the vegetable patch.

Hopefully should be done in a week or so. :D

Edited by MattBairn

That bamboo is massive!

Yeah, its a shame I couldnt leave it where it was as it was really nice but its just to invasive.

It would have caused all sorts of problems. Keeping some of it in pots was a good idea though, it looks nice and wont spread. :D

Im just thinking that by the time the veg patch is ready, it might be too late to plant half the veg we want :(

• 2 weeks later...

Got loads of seed sowing done yesterday. Carrots, spring onions, beetroot, sprouting broccoli, cabbage in raised bed.

Basil and chillies sown in greenhouse. :)

Don't think my strawberry bare root plpants from last year are coming to anything. :( Prob have to buy some plug plants for my strawb pot.