Garden Options

HGG

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:
19 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:
Its Aglais io perched upon a Buddleia davidii flower.

Cheers I only get tortoiseshells normally. Pair of them still on the tree for over an hour now.

They are rarer up here than doon sooth and Wales I believe. Guessing the warmer temperatures are allowing them to spread more northerly. 

Good old global warming. 

29 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Built this from scratch. I scavenged all the wood from places and I only paid for paint and 1 length of decking that I used for the seat part. 

Total cost €73

20210818_202219.jpg

Scavenged ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/gardai-investigate-70k-theft-in-dublin-1.1183815

Gardaí in Dublin are investigating the theft of a container containing €70,000 worth of wood flooring from a business park this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned earlier in the thread I've been doing a fair bit of work for my parents in their garden. Started lifting some beetroot the other weekend and pulled out a monster which seemed to have enjoyed itself over the last few weeks :) 

IMG_20210904_121755.thumb.jpg.03f4919d8cf9d5c0f02df3290583d96b.jpg

On 09/09/2021 at 10:50, RiG said:

As mentioned earlier in the thread I've been doing a fair bit of work for my parents in their garden. Started lifting some beetroot the other weekend and pulled out a monster which seemed to have enjoyed itself over the last few weeks :) 

IMG_20210904_121755.thumb.jpg.03f4919d8cf9d5c0f02df3290583d96b.jpg

@RiG at the weekend

7bf9652e2f86507335401851664b3f73.jpg

On 18/08/2021 at 20:29, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Built this from scratch. I scavenged all the wood from places and I only paid for paint and 1 length of decking that I used for the seat part. 

Total cost €73

20210818_202219.jpg

Just needs The Holy Stone of Clonrichert (Class 2 relic) to finish it off..............

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

I'm ready to be shot down.....
I have been doing some weeding...... if I was to put some weed killer spray down over where the weeds were.... would this be pointless ? 
Nkomo is correct to say most weedkiller is absorbed through the leaves .

But you also get ground clear weedkiller. That is sprayed on the ground and nothing will grow there for a considerable period.

59 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Nkomo is correct to say most weedkiller is absorbed through the leaves .

But you also get ground clear weedkiller. That is sprayed on the ground and nothing will grow there for a considerable period.

This sounds what I'm after. Is for driveway and where i have some chuckies 

Edited by Robin.Hood

Finally got the garden of the new house lanscaped. Really happy with the results, still got a shed to go up in the top right corner of the garden.
Looking for some recommendations for plants to put in the border on the left hand side, it's about 60cm in width. Looking for plants that don't require too much attention. IMG_20210217_114725.jpgIMG_20210926_155236.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Im building a garden house.

I am just going to wing it with no drawings.

The size is 7.5 metres by 5 metres so its pretty big. 

As usual im going to try to build it for as little money as possible. I scavenge as much as i can from places and ill try to get discounts from people i deliver to.

My target is to have it liveable by the start of April.I think if im posting photos of it here it will make me get the finger out. 

Id appreciate any tips if anyone has any.

I have 15 posts for the base made of weed proof membrane, then pebbles and then slabs up to whatever height. Then the wooden frame.

20211013_171858.jpg

20211013_173222.jpg