Garden Options

HGG

I've been taking my time and made a few more window boxes and I think I can start churning these out. Picked up a few tins of 66% off garden furniture paint in loads of pastel shades. Have nothing really in pots flowering at the moment but I can maybe just make more store them. People are paying mad monies for garden stuff here.

20200530_192043.jpg

IMG_20200523_165215.thumb.jpg.19754dcd6acf9e939ec850f750cf5057.jpgPhase 2 starts now. Bushes to be removed and replaced with a fence. More sleeper work to level off, with the summerhouse to be placed on the right hand side opening up on to the patio I built last year. Left hand side I'm going to put basic concrete flags down to create an area to store my bins (and potentially animal hutches if there is enough room).

So yesterday I spent digging various channels round the garden and to the side of the slabs and laid armoured cable to different points of the garden for my outdoor sockets and lights.
It seems every c*nt and their granny is building decking at the moment so I'll just need to do the framing first and board it when the rush for it does down a bit.
Priced the stuff from a couple of places and it highlights how much of a Rip off places like jewson actually are.
For all the materials (including the boards when in stock) one of the local suppliers price INCLUDING vat is cheaper than Jewson EX. VAT!
Today I'll need to move some of the baby gem lettuce into "trough" type pots as they've really outgrown the seed trays I planted then in before deciding to Rip up the garden.

Decking and fencing stuff finally came.

Wee 3ft fence and gate to separate the 2 levels, since it's going to be a big vegetable patch on the bottom, don't want the dug going round digging anything up or shitting in the patch much.

Hopefully can batter out the base for the decking,set the posts and then  get fence posts in today, 

Leaving rails, slats and decking boards tomorrow.

I've also ran my armoured cable for lights and sockets on the decking, and a couple of lights and outdoor sockets down the bottom of the garden.

IMG_20200612_062056.jpg

Yesterday, managed to get the decking base and my posts in. Today I'll hopefully get that decking boarded out and maybe get the rails and slats on my wee fence.

Also got to paint everything so got 10l of the dark oak ronseal stuff for the fences and I'll pick up a tin of stained decking oil from somewhere.

IMG_20200612_194840.jpg

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
Spelling

That was a shift yesterday! Managed to get all the boards down, turns out I'm 2 boards light, for the small upstand facing boards underneath and a wee upturned one to hide the end of the boards against the reddish colour fence.

Decided to go for the decking rope rather than handrails so got one side of that done also.

IMG_20200613_191721.jpg

And that's a wrap! Well apart from the 2 boards I need and a coating of oil! Feels good getting the wee seats out and able to relax somewhere when it's over 16 degrees!! 

Slowly but surely we're getting there.

This week coming..... Build my 3ft fence between levels and get painting finished by Thursday..... Greenhouse for the veg patch getting delivered Thursday or Friday.

MVIMG_20200614_143731.jpg

On 04/06/2020 at 12:51, Silverton End said:

My lupins have came out nicely, same with the clematis.

20200604_124603.thumb.jpg.858ff75db23983d5fb404e9848b09819.jpg

We were having a similar conversation in the pub (remember them?) a couple of years ago about how our clematises (clematii?) were all out in full force and looking really strong. Jeannie the barmaid went pale and we asked her what was wrong? 

‘Ive got the same but I’ve been going around telling everybody it’s my chlamydia that’s in full bloom!’ 

Edited by alta-pete

And that's a wrap! Well apart from the 2 boards I need and a coating of oil! Feels good getting the wee seats out and able to relax somewhere when it's over 16 degrees!! 
Slowly but surely we're getting there.
This week coming..... Build my 3ft fence between levels and get painting finished by Thursday..... Greenhouse for the veg patch getting delivered Thursday or Friday.
MVIMG_20200614_143731.thumb.jpg.02782053a03099fafb95610a08e0c87b.jpg
Reminds me of the daft clubs in the late 90s.
VIP area, extra tenner. For what?
[emoji38]
Nice job.

On 31/05/2020 at 13:39, MixuFruit said:

These are nice things, you going to try selling your surplus ones?

I decided to make loads of them. I haven't sold any yet but I have them up on the buy and sell thing and I put a few out on my front path where loads of people walk. 

20200614_211519.jpg