The Cricket Thread

bewlay

16 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

This is an oval style road. Nice to see him actually building a decent innings though, I do fully believe he’s the long term option at 3, but he’s been horrifically mismanaged. 

Game has draw written all over it. 

Just read he’s only played 14 games of first class cricket north of the Thames in his career.  It’s not as if he’s 12.  That seems seriously wrong to me. 

Great resistance shown by England for a change but what the f**k is stokes doing? Entertaining as f**k but also a really predictable dismissal.

Just milk the spinner for 5 or 6 an over rather than trying to hit 36.

Just stupid test match batting.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Great resistance shown by England for a change but what the f**k is stokes doing? Entertaining as f**k but also a really predictable dismissal.

I agree it was daft but risk/reward, he knew that this is a draw pitch & was trying to twat it everywhere to try and force a chance of a result, there is zero chance he plays like that if it is the 4th Innings.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

I agree it was daft but risk/reward, he knew that this is a draw pitch & was trying to twat it everywhere to try and force a chance of a result, there is zero chance he plays like that if it is the 4th Innings.

I don’t mind it either. In a high scoring game you need to score quickly to force a result. Over 380 runs in a day is great going by England.

Slightly bold call, but I reckon Root is going past his career best tomorrow. His current best is 254, which I witnessed in the flesh at Old Trafford in 2016. 

Didn't want to jinx him by posting this yesterday but whatever it is that Foakes has fixed with his batting deserves praised. He's been the best with the gloves for a long time but his batting had let him down, he seems to have fixed that.

A flat pitch and a lightning quick outfield certainly makes for a high scoring game, but it's not really all that entertaining to watch. Some great shots being played, but the chances of either side winning this has looked slim since very early on.

Root out for 176, edging Boult to Southee. England 37 behind with Foakes past 50.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

England have a great chance to make some inroads here, Latham out in the first over and the ball is swinging with the lights on.

Looks like I jinxed it, a few near misses but no more wickets for England as the Kiwis start to build a lead.