The Cricket Thread

bewlay

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

3 day Test matches are the way forward IMO.

I know what you mean, excitement-wise. However, I would still like the longer form of the game to stay long😂. Three day Tests are like extended one dayers, plenty of excitement but different skill sets on display. Not that there was much batting skill on display yesterday!

Must be about time for Matty Potts to get injured & be out for the rest of the year.
I was just thinking that he looks the real deal, so fully expecting England to coach that out of him ASAP. He'll be chucking pies by the third test.

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
49 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
Must be about time for Matty Potts to get injured & be out for the rest of the year.

I was just thinking that he looks the real deal, so fully expecting England to coach that out of him ASAP. He'll be chucking pies by the third test.

God knows what they will do when Anderson & Broad quit because no one else seems to be able to stay fit.

I for one can't wait for the start of The Hundred where professional cricket can be played the way it should be - for sacks of cash for 3 hours work with bowlers not allowed to bowl properly and fielders prevented from fielding where they can stop the ball.  

What an absolute bollocks the ECB have made of first class cricket. 

God knows what they will do when Anderson & Broad quit because no one else seems to be able to stay fit.
This is the daft thing. Even without Broad and Anderson when they eventually do call time, if they can keep Wood, Robinson and now Potts fit, there's the basis of a more than decent bowling unit there but fitness is a major issue.

Kyle Coetzer announced before the start of play that today’s game against the UAE would be his last as captain. I was very surprised by this, I expected him to lead the side in to the World Cup in October and then cash it a day after that. 

Unfortunately, the game itself didn’t go great. Bowled out for 171 on the last ball of the innings, UAE chased it with a ball less than 6 overs to spare. 

On 27/05/2022 at 07:35, die hard doonhamer said:

Haven’t done this in a while, but shameless plug of my podcast incoming. Couple of big interviews in this one, the first with Scotland Women’s all-rounder Megan McColl, and the other with Cricinfo’s Peter Della Penna ahead of Scotland games in the US that start tomorrow 

An excellent podcast which I listen to reguarly - excellent choice of guests and some really good, positive promotion of all things domestic in Scotland at various levels. Excellent stuff :)

However - have to say I was outraged at the coverage you gave Meigle v Bute County..... ;) Not sure if you saw the scorecard or not.....

Bute, chasing 416 off 40, open with an absolute hero who Boycott could have learnt a thing or two off. With over 10 an over required - he bed himself in a bit too much and got his first run off his 50th ball, to huge cheers off the field and promptly raises his bat :lol: Ended up with about a dozen off 120 or so balls from what I remember..... and I honestly think it's one of the most entertaining innings I've ever seen! Lasted 34 overs, Meigle absolutely crowding the bat and around ball 80 or so he was caught off which saw wild celebrations in the field.... only for them to realise it was a no ball :D Credit where it's due - Bute obviously no chance of chasing that against a really strong Meigle team, and this boy just wasn't for giving his wicket away!

See below for celebration at getting off the mark on ball 50, run rate required at this stage around 15 an over :D 

image.png.631fdfcbe27291e57a4c5598099aa949.png

So who's going to be first to get dropped? Bairstow or Pope? If you drop Bairstow you can have Pope batting in a more natural position for him I guess? But Bairstow is England's premier fielder. Dropping Bairstow also potentially means you can put him into the white ball squad making it even stronger.

Well that escalated quickly, very strange dismissal for Colin de Grandhomme among all the mayhem.Wonder how many England will get before their calamitous collapse.
De Grandhomme having a shitter of a day, looked like he turned the match the Kiwis way when he got Stokes to drag one onto his stumps, but it turned out to be a no ball.

Edit to add: No sooner had I posted this then de Grandhomme pulled up mid delivery then limped off.

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

De Grandhomme having a shitter of a day, looked like he turned the match the Kiwis way when he got Stokes to drag one onto his stumps, but it turned out to be a no ball.

Edit to add: No sooner had I posted this then de Grandhomme pulled up mid delivery then limped off.

Really not his day at all.