The Cricket Thread

bewlay

13 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Hard to warm to?

Everything I've seen suggests he was a decent guy.

I also really liked his commentary. Very charismatic.

I enjoyed his commentary when he wasn’t commentating on Australia. I thought he was unbearable when on Aus games.

I loved the masterclass type things he did with sky, particularly when they got kids to send in videos of them bowling leg spin. As I saw someone on Twitter say, no one has ever known more about something than Shane Warne knew about bowling leg spin. 

"Gatting has absolutely  no idea what has happened to it" [emoji16]
He bowled an even better one to Robin Smith a few overs later. He also got Strauss out with an utterly ridiculous ball (probably my favourite of the lot) possibly during that epic 2005 series.

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
12 hours ago, printer said:
"Gatting has absolutely  no idea what has happened to it" emoji16.png

He bowled an even better one to Robin Smith a few overs later. He also got Strauss out with an utterly ridiculous ball (probably my favourite of the lot) possibly during that epic 2005 series.

It was during the iconic test of that series, at Edgbaston.

Warne took 40 wickets in that 2005 series. He was phenomenal.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
58 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Warne took 40 wickets in that 2005 series. He was phenomenal.

Scored 249 runs at 27.66 as well, which at number 8 was very decent. He was incredible in that series (the series that got 13 year old me hooked on cricket). 

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

England finish the day on 268-6, with Bairstow unbeaten on 109. An excellent fight back.

Agree with the comment about the pitch in Pakistan. Dead pitches are the biggest threat to the future of test match cricket. 14 wickets in 5 full days of play is disgraceful. 

Yup to all of that.  Nothing worse than a dead pitch.  England will probably be the happier team.