The Cricket Thread

bewlay

When are England going to learn? Spinners win you games, pack your side with them and how on earth is Tremlett considered not good enough for the 50 over side, yet Dernbach :huh: is? Has Broad got a clause in his central contract, stating he must play regardless? He doesn't score runs, he doesn't take wickets. Jeeso.

Good spinners win games!

What was it that Sri Lanka did that has caused the controversy this morning.

Seemingly even his own captain was annoyed at what he was doing. My extreme lack of cricket knowledge doesn't allow me to understand the furore :(

Rather than score the 15 or so runs to win the game, one of the batsmen blocked / left quite a few balls so the guy on 90 could get to 100 before they won- they weren't in huge danger of fucking up but it was a lot closer than it should have been.

Don't know if anyone's managed to catch any of the West Indies vs India series, but good lord this test is dull. There are about three people watching and about five runs have been scored in the last hour. The West Indies are in a mess and India have no interest in entertaining.

I make Sri Lanka favourites with two overs to go.

:lol: I really should stop posting and just watch the final couple of overs.

Edited by MB

Easy Easy Easy

Yorked him beautifully.

Don't know if anyone's managed to catch any of the West Indies vs India series, but good lord this test is dull. There are about three people watching and about five runs have been scored in the last hour. The West Indies are in a mess and India have no interest in entertaining.

I've been rather enjoying it, but then I am watching it in the carribean which puts a bit of a shine on most things! :)

I've been rather enjoying it, but then I am watching it in the carribean which puts a bit of a shine on most things! :)

Yes, that would rather pick things up a bit. And the game has come alive since I wrote that. The West Indies still aren't very good though.

Yes, that would rather pick things up a bit. And the game has come alive since I wrote that. The West Indies still aren't very good though.

Indeed the West Indies are distinctly average. Shame because they had some cracking players back in the day. I was in awe of the likes of Viv Richards, Michael Holding and Malcolm Marshall when I was a lad. Then along came Curtley Ambrose and Brian Lara.

Anyway, this game is now riveting test match cricket at its best. The West Indies, with Chanderpaul still at the crease, have an outside chance of saving the match. There's something fascinating about watching a side with their backs to the wall hanging on for the draw. If Chanderpaul and Edwards/Bishoo can bat until close to tea then they may just manage the improbable.

Indeed the West Indies are distinctly average. Shame because they had some cracking players back in the day. I was in awe of the likes of Viv Richards, Michael Holding and Malcolm Marshall when I was a lad. Then along came Curtley Ambrose and Brian Lara.

Anyway, this game is now riveting test match cricket at its best. The West Indies, with Chanderpaul still at the crease, have an outside chance of saving the match. There's something fascinating about watching a side with their backs to the wall hanging on for the draw. If Chanderpaul and Edwards/Bishoo can bat until close to tea then they may just manage the improbable.

Indeed. People should ignore my forewarnings and tune in, a terrific finish in store.

Good day out at the Grange yesterday. Although gubbed I thought Scotland bowled and fielded pretty well. Malinga's wee cameo at the end gave them a bit of momentum. With a cuople of overs to go looked like they would get around 255 instead of the 284 they got.

Our batting was pretty woeful although when Malinga gets it in the right place he is virtually unplayable. He did bowl a lot of wides and full tosses as well but we didnt take advantage.

Cracking weather but Cricket Scotland made a bit of a mess of it. The main scoreboard and the tannoy both not working is very poor for a game of that nature in front of a decent crowd.