The Cricket Thread

bewlay

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

To make matters worse for England, they aren't even getting paid for that shitshow. The amount of faffing about that goes on both from batting and bowling sides has got ridiculous tbh. Just one example, England start their second innings the other night and Hameed faces the first few balls then scores a three. Burns then comes on to strike, and spends a minute or so sorting out his gloves. You've only just come out ffs, you should be ready to play.

Good, I recorded it, set alarm for 4am and sat down with my coffee.

By 4.10 I was incandescent.  Useless fuckers.

Not going to go over the individual weaknesses of players except for that overhyped twat Pope.

A blind man with one arm would be as competent against spin as that c**t.  His shot in first innings was diabolical too.  He makes my blood boil.

19 hours ago, peasy23 said:

To make matters worse for England, they aren't even getting paid for that shitshow. The amount of faffing about that goes on both from batting and bowling sides has got ridiculous tbh. Just one example, England start their second innings the other night and Hameed faces the first few balls then scores a three. Burns then comes on to strike, and spends a minute or so sorting out his gloves. You've only just come out ffs, you should be ready to play.

It's rank amateurish.

I don't think it's coincidence that any time England appoint an English coach their results go down the toilet. County Cricket has long been known for being half-arsed and tolerating a lack of professionalism, an old-boys network, and as much about being a face that fits as it is about performance. If you appoint people who have been immersed in that system their entire cricketing lives then I don't think it's any surprise that the team becomes a reflection of that. 

The only time they've been truly competitive and effective over the past 30 years was under Fletcher and then Flower, and even then half of their most important players weren't even English born :lol:

Edited by Boo Khaki

It's rank amateurish.
I don't think it's coincidence that any time England appoint an English coach their results go down the toilet. County Cricket has long been known for being half-arsed and tolerating a lack of professionalism, an old-boys network, and as much about being a face that fits as it is about performance. If you appoint people who have been immersed in that system their entire cricketing lives then I don't think it's any surprise that the team becomes a reflection of that. 
The only time they've been truly competitive and effective over the past 30 years was under Fletcher and then Flower, and even then half of their most important players weren't even English born [emoji38]
I completely agree. But it does irk me that things that also contribute to a slow over rate like Steve Smith changing his gloves every 10 overs largely goes ignored

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

One change for Australia for tomorrow with Hazlewood injured, Jhye Richardson takes his place.

England still to confirm the team, but Anderson and Broad have been added to the squad with Mark Wood rested.

Actually reading that first name makes me angry. 

Will be surprised if Leach is in the team, suppose the flipside is the attack will be 5 fast medium right armers otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The drop in pitch is apparently always looking very dry, so could be a spinners track. 

I still wouldn’t play Leach, though. He isn’t nearly good enough. 

Correct, he cannot even hold up an end to allow the seamers a break.   Unfortunately like most of them he just isn't good enough.

Mark Wood takes wickets, he bowled less than 25 overs in first test yet a week later needs a break.  Come on.  It's a very samey attack.

Correct, he cannot even hold up an end to allow the seamers a break.   Unfortunately like most of them he just isn't good enough.
Mark Wood takes wickets, he bowled less than 25 overs in first test yet a week later needs a break.  Come on.  It's a very samey attack.
We all know Wood is made of glass but it is ripping the pish a bit that he isn't ready to play again, especially with an extra day rest after the first Test finished early

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
6 hours ago, Tynie Heep said:

We all know Wood is made of glass but it is ripping the pish a bit that he isn't ready to play again, especially with an extra day rest after the first Test finished early

I suspect it wasn’t his decision. Stone also being made of glass is what’s really hurting here, they need another express pace option. 

Leach isn't terrible, but like most spinners needs game time and overs to get rhythm. Even Lyon took a while to get going properly (although he's obviously at a higher level and far tighter). As with 16/17, if England don't win Adelaide then they're going down 4-1/5-0.

Buttler puts down a good chance.  Catches win matches.
70-1 of 37.   Over rate slow again as Root brings himself on.
They were talking last night about the poseible punishments if they were to bowl as slowly as they did in the last match. Root being suspended for a game would be the most likely.

If they go 2-0 down Root might not be too bothered about having Christmas off. 

England have bowled OK from what I've seen in the last hour, beat the bat a few times but I'm wondering if they're going balls out in this night session, you'd think if Australia get through this 4 down or less then it's their day. 

If they go 2-0 down Root might not be too bothered about having Christmas off. 
England have bowled OK from what I've seen in the last hour, beat the bat a few times but I'm wondering if they're going balls out in this night session, you'd think if Australia get through this 4 down or less then it's their day. 
Feel sorry for the bowlers tbh, they have all came charging in but as usual the pink ball offered nothing in those conditions. They've done a decent job of curtailing the run rate, but they also did that for most of day 2 in the last test then lost a lot of runs in the final session as the bowlers tired.