The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Burns has 6 ducks in this calendar year, the most in the history of Test cricket.

As a team England have 44 for the year, tied second on the all time list. The leader on that list is England of 1998 with 54. I can see this squad running that close before the month is out.

The thing that always strikes me when watching any non-sky cricket coverage is just how much better the sky broadcast team are than any other on the planet. 

Shane Warne insisting that the first ball didn’t swing at all was a highlight

8B1963B0-C5BE-4EE2-9D87-252CA7B22AC8.thumb.jpeg.0c134adf009536189d5324a31d91021b.jpeg

Not that it excuses the god awful footwork from Burns. Woeful stuff. 

The thing that always strikes me when watching any non-sky cricket coverage is just how much better the sky broadcast team are than any other on the planet. 

Shane Warne insisting that the first ball didn’t swing at all was a highlight
8B1963B0-C5BE-4EE2-9D87-252CA7B22AC8.thumb.jpeg.0c134adf009536189d5324a31d91021b.jpeg
Not that it excuses the god awful footwork from Burns. Woeful stuff. 

Warne blinded by his hatred for Starc there. Has an absolute vandetta against him because he took the piss out of him about 10 years ago

An absolutely ludicrous decision to bat on that wicket after winning the toss. The pitch was green and favoured the quickies - no surprise that Rory Burns went first ball and England skittled out for 147. Fine to bat if the game was going to last 4 or 5 days- but this game is going to be over in 3-4 days you would think.

And starting Leach ahead of Broad was just as crazy.