The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Can anyone see anything other than a comfortable Australian series win in the ashes?
Nope, not really.

Jimmy Anderson will sit out the first Test. Madness imo. Surely if you are going to "manage his workload" you play him in the first two tests then rest him?

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Nope, not really.

Jimmy Anderson will sit out the first Test. Madness imo. Surely if you are going to "manage his workload" you play him in the first two tests then rest him?

Aye, I know they want him for the day/nighter but surely you want to get off to a good start at a difficult venue. And his experience would be pretty useful too. 

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Nope, not really.

He’s been managing a calf injury, despite what that tweet says, so I think they’ve learnt from 2019 and will leave him out at a venue where he doesn’t have a great record in order to make sure he’s fit for the test that is going to play to his strengths. 

Nope, not really.

His record at the Gabba is pretty woeful iirc, plus it’s looking like there will be 2 D/N tests and if England are to have any chance he needs to be fit for both.

On 06/12/2021 at 09:04, jaggyness said:

Can anyone see anything other than a comfortable Australian series win in the ashes?

I think England will do their usual routine of losing comfortably in a couple of Test, playing out of their skin and battering the Aussies in the 2nd/3rd/or 4th, loads of people will point and say that's the 'real' England when they do just enough to make the series look like it might be competitive, then they'll promptly shit the bed and lose the remainder of the Tests by an innings+

Oh, and I reckon they'll completely throw away at least one victory from an almost unassailable 1st innings position.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Right, here we go. Do hope the English get off to a decent start, but what are the chances of Rory Burns being back in the Tent before they’re into double figures!?[emoji848]

ETA, jeez didn’t think it would be that quick though! [emoji15]