The Cricket Thread

bewlay

India v Pakistan in the semi - the only game in the world that could end in a nuclear war :lol:

I see England have called up Rashid to replace Yardy. I like Rashid and would like to see England persevere with him. However, he won't be available for selection against Sri Lanka so he may not get much chance to shine!

....and there goes Bell.

2 down.

Bopara promoted to 4.

Edited by drs

Looks like England are settling in a bit after a shaky start but the run rate is still a bit low.

Did anyone else hear the guy before the match try to claim that Swann is a better bowler than Murali though. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

On this showing so far I can't see past an India- Sri Lanka final.

Sri Lanka are ripping the pish here.

An England team that has fluked its way to this stage bow out after a 10 wicket defeat.

Dismal campaign.

An England team that has fluked its way to this stage bow out after a 10 wicket defeat.

Dismal campaign.

Exactly, they were luck to be there. After doing things so right in the Ashes, they've made a total arse of the subsequent limited overs matches.

They're coming home

Ricky Ponting annouces he is no longer aussie captain,but still wants to play for them.

In a major sporting shock (!) he's been replaced by Michael Clarke. Shane Watson steps up to vice.

Dismal campaign.

At the end of a seven month tour? Bit harsh, don't you think? Ludicrous arrangement of the tour, no wonder the players are drained. England did well to make it as far as they did, I thought.

At the end of a seven month tour? Bit harsh, don't you think? Ludicrous arrangement of the tour, no wonder the players are drained. England did well to make it as far as they did, I thought.

jeezo this tour is getting longer by the day. they went away at the end of october and were home by the end of march. they had nine days off before the quarter, it's hardly the tour de france is it?

pakistan are playing pretty well just now and they haven't played a home series in years. also there was no excuses cast up by australia in 2009 when they went on tour in the middle of april and didn't get home until the middle of november.

Wasnt a 7 month tour for the World Cup though - selection and tour issues aside it was a very poor campaign by England.

England should have been a semi team but struggled to get out of the group.