The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Hazlewood one of my favourite bowlers to watch. Nothing fancy but so effective. Buzzing for Joe Burns carrying his bat as well, probably shouldn’t have even played given his recent form but he’s been dropped undeservedly a few times so about time he got some luck.

Australia all out for 195, with India 36-1 in reply.

Biggest controversy was a run out review on Tim Paine, with the third umpire giving him in on the tightest of calls. I've not seen any bat over the line in any of the replays.20201226_141851.jpg.772d3a7801d744f9e103ccbf3b16fc29.jpg
That was a mental decision.

Big pressure on India's batsmen after the last collapse but the scoreboard will surely give them confidence

That was a mental decision.

Big pressure on India's batsmen after the last collapse but the scoreboard will surely give them confidence
The third umpire's summing up didn't help to clarify his decision much...

"There's no conclusive evidence to show the bat is on the wrong side of the line, so the bat looks like it could have a bit over the line. My decision is not out."

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The third umpire's summing up didn't help to clarify his decision much...

"There's no conclusive evidence to show the bat is on the wrong side of the line, so the bat looks like it could have a bit over the line. My decision is not out."

Honestly, I can get along with that.  The line is, as they say, the umpire’s.   Either way, Australia vs India tests are usually entertaining affairs. Two pretty well balanced teams. 

Good game in the BBL at the moment, Hurricanes scored what looked like a poor 148-7, even more so when Heat's 2 openers were belting it all round the ground. First wicket fell for 73 in the 6th over, but since then the wickets have kept tumbling and it's now 105 for 6 in the 13th over.

In the Test matches overnight, it was a tale of two collapses.

Australia are just 2 runs ahead of India with 6 wickets down in their second innings. 133-6 with Wade top scoring with 49.

In Tauranga, Pakistan were chasing New Zealand's 431, and slumped to 80-6. Rizwan and Faheem added 107 for the next wicket, but they ended up all out for 239.

India tied the series at 1-1 after bowling Australia out for 200, they chased the required 70 runs for the loss of 2 wickets. Joe Burns seems to be the subject of most of the home press's ire, despite his half century last week getting then over the line in the first test.

New Zealand declared setting Pakistan a target of 373 to win, and the visitors were 71-3 at the close.

Sri Lanka are still 134 runs behind with 3 wickets down in their second innings.