The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest The Phoenix
That is a real shocker. They are making an example of him, and I think many more bans will take place over this issue if they really are clamping down on it.

However... would be funny if they kept their slow over rate up and Peitersen got banned!!

Not making an example of Collingwood - this is his second offence and the ban is automatic - four one dayers or two tests.

The South Africa series should be quite good. SA should have won all 3 series in England since their reintroduction to official Test cricket (94,98, 03), but have managed to come away with 2 draws and a defeat. They always seem to be less than the sum of their parts, but they do look fairly strong on paper and in Steyn have arguably the best quick in the world at the moment.

One thing I would note about this particular side is that I've always associated SA with being able to bat right down to 9 or 10, guys like McMillan, Symcox, Boucher, Pollock, Klusener, Boje all able to score runs, but if they pick the 4 fast bowlers (Nel, Ntini, Steyn, Morkel) there's not as much depth in the batting.

Regardless of the result today, England will get molested in the 50-over games, but the Tests should be close. I fancy a 1-1 draw.

Guest The Phoenix
Do you mean Scotland or Stirling County 2nd XI ?

Give him a couple of weeks and he'll mean Stirling County 3rd XI.