The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Okay Roy. Make some runs next inning please. Mr Burns, you can stay. Not to put the hex on this pair, but England looking pretty solid here. They’re playing well.
Burns has been very impressive today, shown a maturity beyond his experience at international level and doing it off the back of no form to speak of

Proper test cricket. Batsmen scrapping for runs and bowlers using every trick (excluding sand paper) to eek them out.

On a side note do Australians call Lyon "Gary" as a pun on the famous Italian revolutionary "Gary Baldy"? /innocent face. 

Proper test cricket. Batsmen scrapping for runs and bowlers using every trick (excluding sand paper) to eek them out.
On a side note do Australians call Lyon "Gary" as a pun on the famous Italian revolutionary "Gary Baldy"? /innocent face. 

The biscuit, I should have thought. Australian cricket players don’t take kindly to being asked to read history books, if you recall homeworkgate.

Sure I read Nathan Lyon gets called Garry because of an ex-AFL player called Garry sharing his surname

Sure I read Nathan Lyon gets called Garry because of an ex-AFL player called Garry sharing his surname

Garry Lyon played for Melbourne in VFL/AFL and has been involved in radio and/or TV and/or print media ever since.